ESPN Video on Why Georgia Tech's Offense is so Efficient...

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow

This is a clip from SEC now... They were talking about what Georgia needs to do about the Georgia Tech offense. "You've go the dive, the quarterback, the pitch-man, and oh yes... The pass." Even though the title is Georgia's O-line could be a mismatch for the Georgia Tech D, they talk mostly about Georgia Tech and how efficient the offense is. Tech is number one in passing efficiency in the ACC, how bout' that?

I totally agree with Gene Chizik in this video, he is right. Tech sucks the defense in to stop the run, and then, when they don't expect it, Justin goes deep to a receiver. It works every time. THWG.

Last edited:

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
They mention our bad run defense but I feel like if you take away the Georgia southern game, we actually look alright.

BerryGT

Georgia Tech Fan
I totally agree with Gene Chizik in this video, he is right. Tech sucks the defense in to stop the run, and then, when they don't expect it, Justin goes deep to a receiver. It works every time. THWG.

That's always been the case, the difference this year is we are able to move the ball in the passing game even when they are looking pass, like in 3rd and long.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
That's always been the case, the difference this year is we are able to move the ball in the passing game even when they are looking pass, like in 3rd and long.

I agree with this. Also, we are better at pass protection this year.

I sort of laugh when people say Justin Thomas's ability to throw the ball adds a new dimension and is something new about Tech this year. They said the exact same thing when Tevin got off to his fast start in 2011, when Vad took over in 2013, and now with Thomas at the helm. It can't be "new" if they say the same thing about every single new QB we have. I think our offensive line and pass protection have been as big as the different QBs. That said, JT is great at throwing on the run and is also better than Vad at checking through his progressions.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I agree with this. Also, we are better at pass protection this year.

I sort of laugh when people say Justin Thomas's ability to throw the ball adds a new dimension and is something new about Tech this year. They said the exact same thing when Tevin got off to his fast start in 2011, when Vad took over in 2013, and now with Thomas at the helm. It can't be "new" if they say the same thing about every single new QB we have. I think our offensive line and pass protection have been as big as the different QBs. That said, JT is great at throwing on the run and is also better than Vad at checking through his progressions.

also credit to our receivers. We have some talent and the number of drops seem to be way down. JT has the ability to throw to the back shoulder where only our guys can make a play. We are seeing way less jump ball, hail Mary type throws tnan in years past. Overall, our pass game just looks better.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What gets me about all this "light in the pants" stuff is that for the last 5 weeks our D = Ugag's D in terms of scheme and players. We've gone to a speed lineup, just like Pruitt. Yet nobody talks about the mismatches this creates for their D, just for ours!

We'll see soon enough what the final result is.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They said the same thing about Boise states DLine a few years ago and look how that turned out. UGA also had the biggest OLine in the sec that year. Sometimes speed is greater than size. I just think GT needs to rely on offense to keep UGA on the bench offensively.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
UGA doesn't turn the ball over. That's true....and it's been said again and again and again. Our guys have been good at getting that ball too however. I want more tv heads to say UGA doesn't turn ball over. It gets said enuf and the football gods might get pissed lol

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Nealy and Isiah have to fight against biting on the play action---easier said than done, but it's critical. Also hope at crunch time, Smelter gets isolated on Swann.

I expect for no specific reason, that Hill will be instrumental in this game.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The whole dl light thing is a convenient statement. Find one Dl in the nation that is equal to and OL in size lol. Its not possible. I dont know why the idiots on tv keep saying this. Its dumb. Now not dumb would be their dl is just ok. No good. Or not talented enough. Fine. That is a legit point. But it ain't because they are light lol. Missouri lighter than arkansas. Uga dl lighter than gt Ol by alot too. Clemson DL lighter than gt OL. But freaking talented.

Clemson dl avg is 270 pounds
Georgias is less
Gt dl average with gamble is 270.

Its not because we are light that we wont get it done. Its because uga ol has more talent. Or we dont play well. Or we arent as physical. But not due to light. Everyone is lighter on the dl.

Gotta be honest this is such a soap box for me. So tired of hearing it. It reveals alot about an analyst.