ESPN: The 2015 Uni Watch college football preview

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Man I really like the Boston College Flutie throwbacks. I really hope we move to UnderArmour. You see they did tradition right with BC. I think they would do right with making a traditional GT uniform.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I was sold on UA after what they did for ND and Navy. As long as we tell them the Tradition route and not the Maryland route.
No definitely. I completely agree with you on tradition. Look and what they did with Notre Dame. They stayed classic and made them look sleek. Also, Navy's Don't tread on Me Snake uniforms were easily the best uniforms in all of football last year. Remind me, when is the Russell contract up? Because at the bookstore and other college apparel stores all the Tech gear I have seen is UnderArmour.

NewJacketsGeneration

Georgia Tech Fan
No definitely. I completely agree with you on tradition. Look and what they did with Notre Dame. They stayed classic and made them look sleek. Also, Navy's Don't tread on Me Snake uniforms were easily the best uniforms in all of football last year. Remind me, when is the Russell contract up? Because at the bookstore and other college apparel stores all the Tech gear I have seen is UnderArmour.
2018 if I'm not mistaken...

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Okay, guys, I really feel like we need an in depth discussion about one topic that hasn't been broken before. What's up with Russell, and when is that contract up?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
While the don't tread on me was nice the best Uni of any team last year was this one:

midswhites.jpg

I don't understand why they don't tell R to hit the road. This is one department I am very disappointed in Mbob. It sounds stupid to even be discussing this topic but the fashion show is what is in style now days. Tech should have switched to UA after that bs R done with our uniforms in 2008. We should have just told them to forget it. I would like to meet whoever was responsible for signing the contract. I'm sure UA would step right in and be thrilled to have us. We offer a unique offense to the game which is what we are known for(triple option). I have heard so many DA announcers say that Calvin Johnson played in the TO3. It's time for a change IMO. R has been our official sponser long enough and have benefited from it. Ga.Tech get needs to suck up the pride and say we made a mistake by re-signing with them. They should apologize to the players ,Alumni ,and then us sidewalk fans.

Under Armour come calling and get this sponser underway please for the sake of Jesus Christ.

NewJacketsGeneration

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't understand why they don't tell R to hit the road. This is one department I am very disappointed in Mbob. It sounds stupid to even be discussing this topic but the fashion show is what is in style now days. Tech should have switched to UA after that bs R done with our uniforms in 2008. We should have just told them to forget it. I would like to meet whoever was responsible for signing the contract. I'm sure UA would step right in and be thrilled to have us. We offer a unique offense to the game which is what we are known for(triple option). I have heard so many DA announcers say that Calvin Johnson played in the TO3. It's time for a change IMO. R has been our official sponser long enough and have benefited from it. Ga.Tech get needs to suck up the pride and say we made a mistake by re-signing with them. They should apologize to the players ,Alumni ,and then us sidewalk fans.

Under Armour come calling and get this sponser underway please for the sake of Jesus Christ.
It's all about the $$$.

http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2015/05/apparel-contract-updates-52715.html?m=1

I highly doubt it. They keep saying that but did GT really explore all options before they signed the 10 year deal with R ? We want ever know. I honestly believe that Tech realized they screwed up after it was to late. Are they going admit they did ? No way , so to make the fan base feel better they keep bringing up the financial part. I see Nike,Addais, or UA making a similar deal in terms of money. I could be wrong but as I posted above, tech knows they made a bad deal and it was to late by then. R promised tech great things but haven't performed.

And if it was all about the money, how pathetic to be so greedy. Why would you pick money over pleasing the players along with having some great quality uniforms ? Let's say UA offers a deal worth 1.5 million , would tech accept ? I would just because money isn't everything in the freaking world. If our athletic department is that desperate for money, maybe we should start firing somebody that can't do their job.
Okay I'm done venting about R!!!!

Last edited:

NewJacketsGeneration

Georgia Tech Fan
I highly doubt it. They keep saying that but did GT really explore all options before they signed the 10 year deal with R ? We want ever know. I honestly believe that Tech realized they screwed up after it was to late. Are they going admit they did ? No way , so to make the fan base feel better they keep bringing up the financial part. I see Nike,Addais, or UA making a similar deal in terms of money. I could be wrong but as I posted above, tech knows they made a bad deal and it was to late by then. R promised tech great things but haven't performed.

And if it was all about the money, how pathetic to be so greedy. Why would you pick money over pleasing the players along with having some great quality uniforms ? Let's say UA offers a deal worth 1.5 million , would tech accept ? I would just because money isn't everything in the freaking world. If our athletic department is that desperate for money, maybe we should start firing somebody that can't do their job.
Okay I'm done venting about R!!!!
Glad to see we have some passionate fans... Hahaha.
I didn't look it up but I am pretty sure R is based out of ATL and probably has deep ties with the alumni. I hope we get smart in 2018

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Why is the honeycomb uni hated so much.?? I like the traditional look but I want to see Tech take it to the next level..
If done right, could be very cool. We just haven't seen it. I'd like to see something like a faint honeycomb pattern around the chest and shoulders (like Oregon has the wings)