@Eric Thread

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, it's been over a year. I think we can say that he's not coming back.

I think we all know that @Eric was probably a little addicted to GTSwarm and the time he put in to GT recruiting and tweeting ...

He got married, and it didn't slow him down too much. He had a child, and it slowed a little, for a little while, and then just stopped.

I thought maybe it was just going to be a year's hiatus, but, like global warming, it seems now that he's not coming back.

So, I thought that perhaps it would be nice to have a thread where we share our memories of @Eric ...

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Officially, consider Eric to be retired and his GT Swarm cape hung. Last time I communicated with him was about five months ago (which admittedly makes this post about five months late so apologies for those that have been dying for news) but I sort of wanted to give it a full year in case anything changed. All I know is that he is, as surprising as this may seem given what he's done for GT and this community, a very private person. As much as he knew virtually everything about GT recruiting, he held his own cards close to his chest and I always tried my best to respect that. I hope that everyone here can do the same. As surprised (and initially disappointed) as I was with his abrupt departure, I understood that it must have been very important and very personal for him to have done so.

With that said, I hope he doesn't hate me for posting the following quote from an email exchange we had but I'll leave you with this:
I have learned that being a parent is the greatest blessing I could ask for. It's a new adventure day by day and she teaches us something new all the time.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Officially, consider Eric to be retired and his GT Swarm cape hung. Last time I communicated with him was about five months ago (which admittedly makes this post about five months late so apologies for those that have been dying for news) but I sort of wanted to give it a full year in case anything changed. All I know is that he is, as surprising as this may seem given what he's done for GT and this community, a very private person. As much as he knew virtually everything about GT recruiting, he held his own cards close to his chest and I always tried my best to respect that. I hope that everyone here can do the same. As surprised (and initially disappointed) as I was with his abrupt departure, I understood that it must have been very important and very personal for him to have done so.

With that said, I hope he doesn't hate me for posting the following quote from an email exchange we had but I'll leave you with this:
Amen. Welcome to the real world Eric. God Bless!

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
@Eric , if you read this you started a wonderful community here. While your knowledge and input is very much missed, we thank you for the board, its 'personality' and tone, and for the excellent mods you left us with.

Blessings to you, your family and your future.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ditto to the above posts. There is no way I'd have the time to moderate this board much less contribute to it the way Eric did, and others do. I greatly appreciate what he built here and the time he gave us for free. I still hope to see him come back one day even if only in a very limited way with just his own "fan" type posts.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I started this thread with RIP in the thread title. I thought it would be nice to give E the wake he deserves.

Apparently, a mod has an odd style of making changes to another's post without saying anything. I assume one not born in America.

Anyway, I first took note of @Eric on stingtalk. At the time, he was using two fonts, gt23eric and EricGT.

I remember being amused by those who insisted it was two different guys.

I also remember encouraging him to start recruiting focused threads there. Good times.