Engineering a new building

natureboy

Georgia Tech Fan
As you see, some of the teams in Georgia (braves, falcons, football dogs ) are going through "facelift" changes in an effort to sort of "right the ship" and get things going in the right direction. It's about time jacket basketball does the same before it's too late. Look, it is what it is when it comes to what coach Dregory can do. We are not going to win with his leadership, so it's time to "follow suit " and "blow it up ",just as the other teams are doing. This is a major recruiting period the next two years, so Tech needs to get the right man in place or this "Institute of Technology" will be lost forever. The braves (even though they need a new coach )are headed in the right direction. The football dogs (great coaching hire ) are on the right track. The falcons (they will replace Dummytroff) I believe will get it right. As for the money situation(where it's a will, it's a way) we can get creative to fix these past errors that occurred,either through an unknown outside source, or through maybe just maybe former basketball players that see and feel the same pain we are feeling. It can happen (nothing is impossible ).

I believe the admin with the advice of Cremins is waiting on Price to get his feet completely wet w/ UNCharlotte. He is and has been the chosen one for a while. I think he could be the answer at least he'll have motivation to turn around the program that he help start. It will take a coach that has a vested interest in the program. Not someone that is looking for a stepping stone job. Tech is not a stepping stone job, it is a place to retire from. I am pulling for Gregory, but he is making hard to pull for him. The lack of consistency is killing them.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I believe the admin with the advice of Cremins is waiting on Price to get his feet completely wet w/ UNCharlotte. He is and has been the chosen one for a while. I think he could be the answer at least he'll have motivation to turn around the program that he help start. It will take a coach that has a vested interest in the program. Not someone that is looking for a stepping stone job. Tech is not a stepping stone job, it is a place to retire from. I am pulling for Gregory, but he is making hard to pull for him. The lack of consistency is killing them.
Price is 3 and 8 so far this season. I know, but 3 and 8 is still 3 and 8.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just because he is a GT alum doesn't mean he's the chosen one.

I want a coach after this crap is over. A coach, an ACC caliber P5 worthy coach. If GTAA doesn't want to do that lets just join the Atlantic Sun or the A10

natureboy

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree Pecone 36, Tech needs a "real coach", and there are only about 3 coaches that are out there...
1. Chris Mack - Xavier, great recruiter,great defensive coach
2. Archie Miller - Dayton, same as above
3. Ben Jacobson - Northern Iowa, great with guards, has a reputation for the "theatrical "

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Larry Krystowiak

Hey, it's someone who just proved they can beat Duke....why not.

I further agree you gotta spend money like McCamish is filled to the rafters, and get a coach who can accomplish exactly that.....not the other way around.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
With the right coaching hire, I would resume my season ticket purchases....and I doubt I am unique in that regard.

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This hoops program definitely needs an enema, but can we afford the cleanup afterwards? Not a good situation, and I don't know an easy way out. Maybe we take a chance on a young, relatively unknown HC, then bring his pay up as the program becomes competitive in the acc.