Endorphins

Which phase of the GT game was most satisfying opening weekend?

• Offense

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Pitching

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Defense

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
en·dor·phin
ˌenˈdôrfēn/
noun
BIOCHEMISTRY
plural noun: endorphins
  1. any of a group of hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system and having a number of physiological functions. They are peptides that activate the body's opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect.
Wow, what a weekend. It is way way early, but winning beats the crap out of losing. I spent 8 hours driving today, but two were listening to the game and it was really uplifting. Been so long since I've felt this way about GT sports (last time was first half of the UNC game).

The competition will get better, but as @MWBATL said in another thread, VCU has scored 23 runs in their first two games. But they had allowed 17 runs combined against Kennesaw St and Georgia St. (This was the VCU view of the game .... and they are second best in Virginia only to UVa! http://vcuathletics.com/sports/bsb/2015-16/releases/20160221tf4z88 ) So I expected us to score more than they did, but I expected them to get more earned runs.

The Fr were everything advertised. 14 innings for Fr pitchers and they gave up 1 unearned run. Frickin unconscious, but sort of expected.

My biggest concern coming into season was hitting. But damn Trevor & Justus, over 500? And what is our Fr pitcher, English, doing playing first and hitting like this, starting in every game????

So of the three phases of the game, offense, defense and pitching, I have to say offense was the most satisfying. Pitching was off the charts good, but I kind of expected that. After our power failure the last 1/3 of the season coupled with Summer Ball stats, I was most worried about offense. It "seems" that we have so many capable hitters now that when one gets into a slump that we have plenty of alternatives. Same with pitching.

Defense was not great with 4 errors by starters but we did turn 6 double plays. Defense should get better as it has in past years and the team gels more.

Just opening weekend, but a lot of endorphins here.