dwags spanked by gators

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
(And as an unrelated aside, I wonder if Georgia is having second thoughts about Richt? Yeah, I know, I know. Bulldogs never even have the first thought, but ...)
Actually they are blaming him for poor recruiting specifically O line.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Actually they are blaming him for poor recruiting specifically O line.

Georgia has talent. To hear Athens talk, they had to recruit band members to play because Richt was so bad. Didn't Richt recruit Eason?

Had Richt stayed, I would bet their record would not have four losses.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It always happens, doesn't it? The new guy says it ain't me, it must be the old guy, and there you go. At what point is it him?

It's Kirby now. It's his coaching staff and his game plan. If he is making a game plan for players he doesn't have, well ... that's on him.

I spoke to a knowledgeable Bama booster a few days ago. The Plan was for Saban to be AD with Kirby as Coach is 3-4 years, plenty of time for Saban to continue to mentor. No one thought he was ready to be a HC today ... but with SC hoping to hire him, UGA jumped the gun to shove Richt out.

They made their bed. Time to lie in it.

LibertyTurns

Banned
UGA has had at least a top 10 recruiting class for 10 years. To say they don't have the talent is pure BS
They have a ton of talent just they're extremely poor at establishing an environment where their players can thrive. About 15-20% of this team will land in the NFL and equal percentages in jail or McDonald's. The remainder aren't worth a bucket of warm piss because they're so undisciplined and the barking morons let them run wild. They're like those kids you sat next to in Calculus class that were scary smart but disappeared after a couple semesters. They either went on to be crazy rich by inventing something or ended up in the gutter. GT's 5 stars just happen to be academically gifted. Same dynamic though.

I will say there's a couple of things they uniquely excel at- stealing mopeds, lifting laptops & hocking textbooks. If there was ever a Super Bowl or any of those 3 sports, they'd have to buy VT's trophy case to store all the hardware.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They have a ton of talent just they're extremely poor at establishing an environment where their players can thrive. About 15-20% of this team will land in the NFL and equal percentages in jail or McDonald's. The remainder aren't worth a bucket of warm piss because they're so undisciplined and the barking morons let them run wild. They're like those kids you sat next to in Calculus class that were scary smart but disappeared after a couple semesters. They either went on to be crazy rich by inventing something or ended up in the gutter. GT's 5 stars just happen to be academically gifted. Same dynamic though.

I will say there's a couple of things they uniquely excel at- stealing mopeds, lifting laptops & hocking textbooks. If there was ever a Super Bowl or any of those 3 sports, they'd have to buy VT's trophy case to store all the hardware.

Pretty good description, I must say. Discipline, or lack thereof, is (and will likely always be) their problem. Bama is talent with discipline.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I listened to their post game radio show on my drive home Sat night. It was entertaining to say the least, but they had some valid points. Class rankings don't take position groups into account. Their O line recruiting has been weak. Why else would they take an OT transfer from Rhode Island of all places?

I'm not a Ugag apologist by any means. I love it when they struggle, but I'm old enough to know that their problems are transitional and temporary. They don't stay down for long.

I think Chuck Oliver summarized their situation best. They don't have 4-4 talent, and they haven't played a 4-4 schedule either.