Duke GT Notes

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I guess you don't have access to 2 pt conversion attempt and success? It seems like for total points you'd want to do 6*(totalTd) + 2*twoPtSuccess + epSuccess

Not sure if you have access to the two point or extra point data but a team like Oregon who prefers to go for two would potentially have a different ppd assuming all td's are 7.

Edit: math

I wanted a raw stat for measuring offense scoring. There are 2pt pat and missed pat, but the normal td is 7. So that's what I gave every scrimmage td.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I calculate it.
Points = 7*sum(rush td, pass td) + 3*sum(FGs)
Drives=sum(rush td, pass td, fg att, punts, lost turnovers, failed 4th dn)

That's a pain, especially since you did it in a spreadsheet for all teams ......

I'll wait for the Study Hall data if it becomes available ...... ;)

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Anyway you cut it,this could be a tough one--dook is decent but also we are bound have to a let down after last wk--and make no mistake,our DEF especially can't afford to cruise on anybody and esp not this dook team
they had 2 week to prepare, again our best shot is HOLD the ball FOREVER
btw- dook has WEAK schedule if we don't beat them,it could get hairy late in season

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyway you cut it,this could be a tough one--dook is decent but also we are bound have to a let down after last wk--and make no mistake,our DEF especially can't afford to cruise on anybody and esp not this dook team
they had 2 week to prepare, again our best shot is HOLD the ball FOREVER
btw- dook has WEAK schedule if we don't beat them,it could get hairy late in season

I think our best shot is to play up tempo and tire them out, we have the depth and talent on them. Unless you think that because they have the week off they will be more rested. I don't think that will be the case, but it may be.

Also, we take what they give us on O. BB, QB, wide or pass. I'd like to see them cover Smelter and Summers 1 on 1 all day.

For D, play fast to get the stops or give up the TD. Duke is less likely to make mistakes.

On ST, kick the ball for a touch back, not to the goal line. Duke is good on ST.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Yards/Carry, Yards/Attempt, and Yards/Play for Duke
Off .... 1st4 .... vs Miami
YPC .. 6.16 ........ 3.40
YPA .. 5.58 ........ 3.51
YPP .. 5.86 ........ 3.47

Def.... 1st4 .... vs Miami
YPC .. 3.61 ........ 4.95
YPA .. 5.16 ........ 6.56
YPP .. 4.29 ........ 5.68