Dontae to Giants Camp

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I absolutely think he has the ability and drive to make a team. I really hope he does but don't have a lot of confidence since it is only a mini-camp invite. I know a lot of UDFA players make it, but I am honestly curious how many current players on NFL rosters came out of mini-camps. I could be way off (and I hope I am) but I don't recall any players that went to mini-camps that didn't get cut in the pre-season.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Mason made the 49ers through a mini-camp. It's possible.

Btw, Mason averaged - wait for it - 5.15 npc last year. I tell you he's always going to average about that. He just is.

Dontae can do the same; he did at Tech. When he got the chance, that is. Thanks, TFG.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Mason made the 49ers through a mini-camp. It's possible.

Btw, Mason averaged - wait for it - 5.15 npc last year. I tell you he's always going to average about that. He just is.

Dontae can do the same; he did at Tech. When he got the chance, that is. Thanks, TFG.
Yeah a little bit after posting that I started thinking Mason was a mini-camp invite. I actually think he has a good chance to end up with a team cause I believe the main reason he went unsigned was that he didn't have much field time the last couple years due to injury recovery.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Yeah a little bit after posting that I started thinking Mason was a mini-camp invite. I actually think he has a good chance to end up with a team cause I believe the main reason he went unsigned was that he didn't have much field time the last couple years due to injury recovery.
The team that signs an UFA is as important as the skill of the player. SF is a great fit for Mason. He would not be nearly as effective elsewhere.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The team that signs an UFA is as important as the skill of the player. SF is a great fit for Mason. He would not be nearly as effective elsewhere.
Well … maybe. I'd like SF to keep him forever, but, if they don't, I hope the Falcons get a shot at him. What he needs is a team that has a half-decent OL and will give him 15 - 20 carries a game. I can guarantee that the team the does that - and the Falcons fit the bill - will find themselves with a very dangerous weapon indeed. Like I said, the gut simply can't average below 5 yards.a carry. If he did it with the OLs at Tech, he can do it with damn near any NFL OL.

Imho, of course.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Well … maybe. I'd like SF to keep him forever, but, if they don't, I hope the Falcons get a shot at him. What he needs is a team that has a half-decent OL and will give him 15 - 20 carries a game. I can guarantee that the team the does that - and the Falcons fit the bill - will find themselves with a very dangerous weapon indeed. Like I said, the gut simply can't average below 5 yards.a carry. If he did it with the OLs at Tech, he can do it with damn near any NFL OL.

Imho, of course.
Lke most 3rd string RBs they add a lot of value on rookie contracts. Getting a 2nd contract is much harder for backup RBs. I hope he does and SF would be a very good spot for him. It all depends on his price and SF's Cap Space.