Does Vandy travel well?

GTFLETCH

Banned
We know Ga Southern will travel well (45-50k expected)...Mercer for a Socon team will travel well (40-45k expected)..

Does Vandy travel well? Will it be like Ga Southern or Mercer?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Blame it on the schedule for mercer and Vandy. Not much interest. If for some reason Tech looses to BC the numbers could go lower.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Goes to show how bad things are when we put OUR hopes for bigger crowds on how any a team like Vandy (or anyone else) will bring.

Should not our focus be elsewhere?

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Good God....I have never seen such a sad sack, eeyore "fan" base in all my life. Quitcher beeyotchin, get excited and support your team.

Tech went 3-9 last year, so what? Wipe it out, sack up, and support your team. If it happens again this year, do the same in 2017. Rinse and repeat, mfers!

This group is in serious need of some redneck, cromagnon sidewalk fans who wouldn't know an acceptance letter if it bit them in the arse.

Georgia Tech Football 2016. Less brains, more heart.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Speaking if which, what happened to all the redneck Tech students? I remember there were a lot of them in the 70s. The guys from the 50s and 60s all looked like mission control from the Mercury launches. The guys from the 70s looked like the road crew for a David Alan Coe show.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I only ask because GT Bobinski is stating in the AJC that we are going to lose over 2.4 M bcuz of season ticket sales bcuz Dawgs are not a home game or something to that..

WhIle UGA fans travel well...I think it is because we have Clemson on Thursday and no FSU this year...FSU traveled well.. Ifor we have 45K at Mercer..50 K at both Vandy and GA southern...I would think that would be good... but who knows..

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We have averaged about 48k for many years now. Very rarely do you see it dip below 45k and it really is only UGA or FSU that pushes it to 55. The southern game 2 years ago was close at 53

That is the reality. I wish it was higher, but in my opinion nothing to wring yourvhands over.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Speaking if which, what happened to all the redneck Tech students? I remember there were a lot of them in the 70s. The guys from the 50s and 60s all looked like mission control from the Mercury launches. The guys from the 70s looked like the road crew for a David Alan Coe show.

"If that ain't country..."

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Good God....I have never seen such a sad sack, eeyore "fan" base in all my life. Quitcher beeyotchin, get excited and support your team.

Tech went 3-9 last year, so what? Wipe it out, sack up, and support your team. If it happens again this year, do the same in 2017. Rinse and repeat, mfers!

This group is in serious need of some redneck, cromagnon sidewalk fans who wouldn't know an acceptance letter if it bit them in the arse.

Georgia Tech Football 2016. Less brains, more heart.

+1000

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
This

Georgia Tech Football 2016. Less brains, more heart.[/QUOTE

^ this

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
LOL judging the fan base and Tech grads based on a thread with nobody besides the OP agreeing with its premise.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
We have averaged about 48k for many years now. Very rarely do you see it dip below 45k and it really is only UGA or FSU that pushes it to 55. The southern game 2 years ago was close at 53

That is the reality. I wish it was higher, but in my opinion nothing to wring yourvhands over.

Average was 49,158 in 2014. Average was 50,0707 in 2015. The least attended game last year was VT at 48,522. Alcorn State had about 49,000 and Tulane had about 50,000.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Average was 49,158 in 2014. Average was 50,0707 in 2015. The least attended game last year was VT at 48,522. Alcorn State had about 49,000 and Tulane had about 50,000.
By "attended" does that mean tickets sold or truly through the gates? I'm guessing "sold".

GTFLETCH

Banned
Alcorn State had 49K time keys sold however 49K were not there...more like 40K... I was at the Tulane game...There was not 50K at the Tulane game...I do believe more like 45K...I was at the FSU game...and 55K or more were there...

I am talking attendance not tickets sold...