DJ White Highlights Georgia Tech 2014

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
True. But outside of JA, those other guys didn't do anything to raise the DL play. Of course, a lot of it had to do with Groh...

I meant to mention Dieke. Dieke, Cummings and Attaochu, 3/4 of our 2013 DL are on NFL rosters, as are Watts and Nealy, Sweeting and Young, IIRC.

Scubapro

Banned
Morgan was a great player...but I would say that DJ has made more pivotal big plays...just my opinion. In this season alone...VippySu INT to set up winning field goal...Running down the Pitt running back that was a 14 point swing and changed the game...pick 6 against NCST game changer...and the pick against the butt sniffers.

It's amazing how high some of you guys are on JHD. I find it very hard for a MLB to switch to DT and be an impact player. I hope he proves me wrong but that's a huge transition. Yes he looked decent in the spring game but that was also against our patched O line. He is a big big question mark for me.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing how high some of you guys are on JHD. I find it very hard for a MLB to switch to DT and be an impact player. I hope he proves me wrong but that's a huge transition. Yes he looked decent in the spring game but that was also against our patched O line. He is a big big question mark for me.

Didn't he play DT on the scout team all last year? If so he has that experience, spring and now this summer to make the transition.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Very different from live action against another team!
Well, he did go head up against Shaq Mason all year. That's not bad competition to be working against. In fact, it's probably better competition than our starting DTs regularly played against, in both practice and games!

Very good point but he has practiced against him the last few years. They should know each other strengths and weakness.I hope to see some good things from him but I'm not going to put a lot of stock in him just yet. He will probably be a Shaun Green type player. He's going to make some plays but I don't see him being this huge impact player. Just my thought.

Animal02

Banned
The run down against Pittsburgh that caused the touch back was one of the best "want to" plays of the season. Gotta love him.
I think that play was the turning point of the season. Had he just given up and Pitt scores, it is a tie game and Pitt has the momentum, and Tech could have been staring at a third loss in a row.
Instead, Tech goes up 2 scores, and Pitt continues with the dropsies.....and Tech wins the Orange Bowl

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think JHD has a speed/quickness element that will surprise. He is like a coiled spring that realeases on the snap. His quickness is more like a surprise blitzing LB than a 3 point DL.

Animal02

Banned
I think that play was the turning point of the season. Had he just given up and Pitt scores, it is a tie game and Pitt has the momentum, and Tech could have been staring at a third loss in a row.
Instead, Tech goes up 2 scores, and Pitt continues with the dropsies.....and Tech wins the Orange Bowl
And it happened 10 yards in front of me. :D