Dickey V. wisdom for common man

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
On topic for my favorite rant:

"Brian Kelly & Lincoln Riley leaving [Notre Dame] & [Oklahoma] / wonder how can u just walk away from players that gave heart/soul/blood to at the most vital time of the year," he wrote. "Yes to some $$$ count more than what is right / it wasn’t like they were starving making millions."

"Coaches with ethics ala Jay Wright, Tom Izzo, Coach K, Mark Few & many others would never check out on their TEAMS for $$$ with a chance for glory after a super year," he said in another tweet. "How can Brian Kelly give [Notre Dame] players a 3 min talk after they busted their guts for him? For him easy $$."

MusicalBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Of course, when you make $16M/yr for “you’re awesome, baby!” it brings wisdom and logic into question.

Nonetheless, the topic bridges the national perspective of — and treading lightly, but firmly — inflation, socialization and social priorities: in what other slice of society do we universally accept unbounded forgiveness of inflated costs, deferred debts and personal greed? From my perspective what is happening within collegiate athletics defies the speeches and talking points of all sides of the social-political spectrum.

So, does Dickie V have a point here? Or is this another case of rules for thee, not for me? Or, I’m not really the problem, but this is?

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Coaching is a bear of a career. For every coach who gets a big promotion, there is another who got booted out the door.

If you're successful, I think you have to capitalize on it, because when/if you are unsuccessful, the Hovitos will come calling and will take your head off without remorse.