Detroit Free Press: Lions tap Georgia pipeline for another Johnson

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/05/07/isaiah-johnson-lions/70950582/
The Lions gave him a $10,000 signing bonus, making him one of their highest priority undrafted free agents, but he said he picked the Lions over offers from the New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, Miami Dolphins and Tennessee Titans mostly because of the opportunity he has to make the team.

"The money, I really didn't even want to hear that number until I made a decision based on the other qualities," Johnson said. "But the money to me, even for a guy that's not making any, I feel like this isn't enough money to persuade me to go this route. It could have been $1,000 to $10,000 and it wouldn't have made a difference. If the $1,000 company would have been better, then I would have went there."

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'm a Lions season ticket holder. Not because I'm a Lions fan but because of Calvin. Now I have another reason to be if Isaiah sticks!!!

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
IJ is a great representative of the Institute. BS, MS, got better on the field each year, imo, rehabbed from serious injury to have his best seaosn yet, and has an impact off the field. Got to be a feared hitter in run support last year, too.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have to admit--when I saw this thread pop back up I also was afraid it was because he had been cut. Glad to find that's not what brought this one back around. I'm hopeful that he's going to stick, but know that it's a long road.

Even if he can get some NFL film and has to try somewhere else, at least it's a chance.