Derrick Moore does it again

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Roddy did a brief Q&A with him at the HOF event. He said that he gets a lot of his material and inspiration for speeches during the week. CPJ speaks to the team at the end of practice, so Derrick draws a lot from that.

He described his role during games as the chief "encourager" on the sidelines. I can definitely see where his presence during moments like Snoddy's injury or that awful UGA call on the goal line can be vital to helping the guys stay focused and positive.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Look at the reaction of the guys to his clean jerk, also the encouragement they gave him when he was prepping to lift. That tells you what they think of him and indicates why he is invaluable for the program.

I love that someone is producing and putting out videos like this the last couple offseasons. Like that series they did on "the program." These are relatively cheap and great tools for recruiting and selling the program as they get passed around on social media and sites like this.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
@JacketFromUGA i think he came in the chan gailey years and has stuck around. From what I've heard he is very happy at tech which is a great thing. He helps in so many ways...replacing him would require 3 hires

yeah chan brought him in as chaplain. He is not an official asst coach. He is employed by the AA like joe hamilton is so to speak, so when a coach gets fired his contract does remain provided the AA and new coach still wants him. He loves tech and his value can't be measured by a statistic. The coach has to see and feel it and that is what CPJ has done. Very similar to our strength coaches too. Not official coaches, employed by the program etc....

DMo in the past has been responsible for GT W's. Period.