Dennis Scott -- A GREAT representative for Georgia Tech

He is a really good guy. I met him at a Cremins camp and we spoke to each other for hour. I saw him a year later at a basketball game, he knew my name and called me over to speak. Saying the guy has a great memory and personality to go. He was at that time the best shooter I had ever seen. He was a better shooter than Mark. I'm thankful we got three years out of him.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
He is a really good guy. I met him at a Cremins camp and we spoke to each other for hour. I saw him a year later at a basketball game, he knew my name and called me over to speak. Saying the guy has a great memory and personality to go. He was at that time the best shooter I had ever seen. He was a better shooter than Mark. I'm thankful we got three years out of him.

Probably the most versatile scorer ever at Tech.He could go in and out.Also,became a nasty 3 pt shooter in pros.Defense was not his long suit though.

Dennis Scott was the guy you always wanted to shoot the ball. He was so dangerous that it opened up excellent opportunities for Anderson and Oliver. With Lethal Weapon 3 every game was a track meet and we usually came out on top. The chemistry on that team was something to behold.
Like no other. Malcom and Johnny rebounded just enough and scored just enough to be a legit threat. What a team.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Dennis Scott was the guy you always wanted to shoot the ball. He was so dangerous that it opened up excellent opportunities for Anderson and Oliver. With Lethal Weapon 3 every game was a track meet and we usually came out on top. The chemistry on that team was something to behold.

that whole era and before brings tears to my eyes. everything meshed. great coach. great players. great atmosphere. fan participation was outstanding. i used to drive 40 miles one way to park along the beach on alt a1 near brunswich so i could listen to my jackets on the am radio in my truck... ON A WORK DAY.

(yuse fans dont know how great you have it... heh)

after the sc flip flop... the death of his father... and the ncaa mistake... cremins wasnt the same coach imo.
i can still remember when he took off and hid after the sc loss. never in a million years would i have thought that i would end up being a jacket fan with him as coach a decade+ later.

i hope he dresses up in easter egg yellow but i suspect he will wear a bit of both colors.

go jackets go buckeyes

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
If Oliver hadn't been playing on a broke ankle we beat UNLV and then Duke in the final 4
Yep. We knew those Jackets were special from the get-go, leaving very few doubters after defeating Shaq and LSU. Whatta game that was. And whatta year that was. I proclaimed loudly that all our head coaches from thence forth should be named Bobby. (Dodd, Ross, Cremins)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So many great memories from the Cremins era. Thriller Dome Victories, ACC tourney at the Omni in 85, Sweet 16 at the Super Dome to name a few.

Golden era of Tech and college bball for me. Cremins teams, Dean Smith, Jimmy V, Len Bias (best I ever saw hands down).