Danny Hall interview with College Baseball Now

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks Stinger. I've been up to my ears in life recently and haven't had time to listen - only start. I'm going to save this for a time when I can listen. And also check out College Baseball Now more.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Listened after a few beers. On the road all weekend, but Beesball is coming....... 62 days and counting

Glad Hall has 5 more years. He can leave on his own terms IMHO.

Interesting that he says his greatest strength is recruiting, and then development. Talked about hitting coaching. Spend a lot of time on hitting.

Says that kids in the south have played so much that they are fully developed at 18. As compared to mid-West where can't play as much.

GT academics are hard but not as hard as some make it out to be. Have to be able to qualify. Can't recruit Junior College kids as much due to academics. Charlie Blackman was an exception, in many ways.

Have depth this year. Key: English and Hughes, counting on them as Friday and Saturday guys. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching. Pitching.

Most important thing for Hall is that the players graduate. And are successful later in life. Yup.