CPJ with extra time to prep (in season)

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Much has been made of other teams having extra time against us, but not counting bowls, CPJ is 10-5 with more than a week to prepare. This bodes well for hate week.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was thinking about the "extra week" thing the other day. When we had an extra week, Brandon asked Coach what we would do with the time. I believe he said the team would have a few days off then start to prepare. It didn't sound like much of the extra time was going to be spent practicing for the other team, although I could be misremembering. The coaches may have more time for film watching and strategy. But I wonder if the biggest advantage isn't the extra rest and healing you get with a break.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it's the rest combined with a slightly slower pace to digest everything about your upcoming opponent.

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
Let's not forget that UGA basically has a bye the week before us. They will also spend 2 weeks preparing for our O

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
We have been working on an "up tempo" offense since this year's spring practice. The media and fans keep asking CPJ about this new wrinkle, and he keeps saying that he sees no reason to implement it as our offense has been clicking (I completely agree).

However, I fully expect us to break that out in the ug[sic]a game to completely throw them off. I know several georgia fans that claim they practice against our "high school" offense at least once every week, and CPJ knows that they will spend most of the Charleston Southern week prepping the game plan for us. As long as we have that wrinkle down pat. The UGA game is the first and possibly only time I expect to see it.

In response to OP, I think the entire having a bye week to prep for GT or for us to prep for any other team is kind of a moot point. Every team in FBS benefits from extra prep time for any game. Also, if extra prep time is so important for teams to beat us we should lose the first game of the season every year.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UGA will load the box and dare us to beat them in the air again like last year. UGA will count on them scoring more than GT can consistently pass.

Clemson will fire the CB blitzs and have the MLB hit the edges hard. It will come down to the OT ability to block the MLB and the ABacks ability to block the CB (GT will cross block by sending the WR to the safety and the Aback to the CB).

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
We have been working on an "up tempo" offense since this year's spring practice. The media and fans keep asking CPJ about this new wrinkle, and he keeps saying that he sees no reason to implement it as our offense has been clicking (I completely agree).

I don't think it is quite that. I think his response has been more that we are not running any up tempo because he hasn't wanted our defense to spend any more time on the field this year than necessary.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
GTRX7 he has referenced both reasons, but I think that we can all agree that our defense needs to be off the field as much as possible.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I am not convinced their D line could stop our O from running the ball.
Problem is I'm not sure our D can stop their run game either. Game could be close to over by 2:30 with both teams running a lot.
I'm believe UGA will make us throw. And I like our passing game loads more than I did last year.
As to extra prep. I think we will get 2-3 xtra practice sessions and a couple xtra days of no practice following NC State game.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of all the "myths" this week, does anyone know our updated in-season record against teams with extra time to prepare for us?