CPJ Radio Show

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Interesting tidbit: when asked if he watches all of NCSU's games from this season, Coach Johnson said he watched a bunch of games including the Navy vs. GT game from 1996 when he was the Navy OC and Dave Huxtable, was the GT DC. Huxtable is now NCSU's DC.

vespulaid

Georgia Tech Fan
odd that he wasn't considering looking at Georgia Southern when preparing for NC State, even if they are were a long time ago, we know what southern is capable and how we match up with their athletes, I would think that would help

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Just listened.

CPJ said "It's a fixed game" about the current playoff built on the back of August polls where every team in a conference is arbitrarily placed in the top ten so that when they beat each other they simply swap positions in the ranking. I loved his blunt choice of words.

Incidentally, I am glad that line survived from the live broadcast to the archived version. A couple times CPJ has said something blunt and revealing before and then it is cut out of the archived version. A few years ago I heard live what I thought was CPJ catching himself from making a comment about payola and bagmen in recruiting and then the archived version just cut out the entire phone call and his response.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just listened.

CPJ said "It's a fixed game" about the current playoff built on the back of August polls where every team in a conference is arbitrarily placed in the top ten so that when they beat each other they simply swap positions in the ranking. I loved his blunt choice of words.

Incidentally, I am glad that line survived from the live broadcast to the archived version. A couple times CPJ has said something blunt and revealing before and then it is cut out of the archived version. A few years ago I heard live what I thought was CPJ catching himself from making a comment about payola and bagmen in recruiting and then the archived version just cut out the entire phone call and his response.
Speaking of payouts, a few weeks ago, there was a big story on the Garcia the kid former USCe qb claiming wide spread payouts to players. I haven't heard anything else since.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of payouts, a few weeks ago, there was a big story on the Garcia the kid former USCe qb claiming wide spread payouts to players. I haven't heard anything else since.
Of course not.

To report on it would involve actual journalism, heck, maybe even investigative journalism. That starts to sound dangerously close to being "work."

Not to even mention that it involves the deep-seated corruption of the SEC, NCAA, and the myth of amateur student-athlete college football at the factories. (Yes, I know that every school, including Tech, is not "pure as the driven snow" on the issue but there are gradations involved as well).