CPJ Radio Show 14 Sep 2015

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
CPJ singing was really funny. The fact he thinks the ND LB is one of the best he has ever faced is worry some.

We have good players too, let's go play and see what happens.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Oh my goodness, was this ever a broad-ranging show tonight. Brandon's love life. MrsCPJ got a lot of airtime. Even the dog, Lucy, got some love.

I noticed a lot of the questions were long-ish commentaries, and one or two never really got around to a question at all. It was an interesting night. Those of you not in the room--part of what you missed tonight were Paul and Brandon's faces as some of the callers rambled a bit.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
CPJ singing was really funny. The fact he thinks the ND LB is one of the best he has ever faced is worry some.

We have good players too, let's go play and see what happens.
@MrsDrJacket had just gone up there for a visit before the show. She heard about the song, and I guess Paul still had it on his mind. It was hilarious that he eventually sang a line.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Also, among the lighter off-air moments tonight came a gem when Paul and Brandon informed Buzz that his costume....ummm....stinks.

That's not an aesthetic observation. It actually needed laundering. In fairness, Buzz is one hard-working mascot! All those push-ups the last 2 games will keep you sweating.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Also, among the lighter off-air moments tonight came a gem when Paul and Brandon informed Buzz that his costume....ummm....stinks.

That's not an aesthetic observation. It actually needed laundering. In fairness, Buzz is one hard-working mascot! All those push-ups the last 2 games will keep you sweating.

Its reeked like crap for years. Hard for them to clean regularly I guess

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'd much rather see the BMW logo than freaking Aaron's rent-to-own all over the backdrop. It feels like we've stepped up in class a bit with our sponsors.
That's fine with me. What bugs me is the blue background color. It may seem ticky tack to most guys, but when it comes to branding, you just don't do that. We have navy blue as an accent color so don't throw that back at me. We don't have BMW blue as a dominant color that fills up 85% of the screen. We are white and gold and those are the colors that represent GT and need to be behind coach during pressers. As a former GT ID student who studied corporate identity, it bugs me.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
That's fine with me. What bugs me is the blue background color. It may seem ticky tack to most guys, but when it comes to branding, you just don't do that. We have navy blue as an accent color so don't throw that back at me. We don't have BMW blue as a dominant color that fills up 85% of the screen. We are white and gold and those are the colors that represent GT and need to be behind coach during pressers. As a former GT ID student who studied corporate identity, it bugs me.
Fair enough, I agree the backdrop should be in our colors first with a sponsor's color as an accent.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I get superstition and I'm fine with starting with Jim from auburn, but does the moron Joe from Talladega always have to get airtime? Jim at least usually has a question prepared. Maybe it's a clever play on the phrase its not just about the X's and O's, sometimes it's about the Jimmys and the Joes. I'm all for a clever inside joke

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Just a heads up if you have an iPod or iPhone you can use the "podcast" app that comes stick with apple products and follow the GTAA. They post the show and other interviews as podcasts. Makes it really easy to listen to while at work.