Film Room Counter option dive

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I always cringe when i see the counter option. I know why we run and and we should when team over pursue to the option side... or if they over pursue to the counter option you run the counter option dive!

I love the counter option dive!!!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
As far as I know, it's not a dive if you've got a trap block going. I also don't think it's an option. I think that's just a called handoff.

Every coach I've ever known has just called that play "counter"

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To the laymen... this looks like the counter option that is a called dive give.

There is also the "fake" rocket toss called dive.

There is the straight up dive.

Just using the best way to describe what I see....

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow, look at MM erase the LB angle. Shamire scrapes his guy and was suppose to hit the LB on the next level but loses his balance. The guy Shamire was suppose to block follows the motion for a step along with half the defense and MM just burst right by him.

We're going to miss that ability to house call on the defense when they give us a small window.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
First clip, Shamire takes out 1.5 guys, and Parker pulls into Shamire's vacated area. That's a pretty combo play right there by our OGs. Very efficient movement by Braun on that play...VERY impressive by the true freshmen.

EDIT: Pay attention to spacing and movement by the MJ and the GCG combo. That's really pretty to watch.

Last edited: