Cost-of-attendance allowances for ACC athletes vary widely

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Who knew the cost of living in Tallahasee was so expensive as compared to Atlanta! How can all the blue hairs afford such an extravagant place?

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I knew each school would be able to set their own, but the total cannot exceed the school's cost of attendance figures. I'd be curious as to why FSU's own cost-of-attendance figures are higher.

One can't help but wonder if they're 'generous' with those figures for their athletes' sakes, then tell 'normal' parents that it really isn't that much. The actual figures are likely somewhere on FSU's site.

Otoh, costs of attendance don't vary that much unless you're looking at off-campus housing in a big city. I suspect FSU is just in the enviable position of being financially able to go all the way to the top of their estimated COA, while the rest of the schools aren't. Without looking it up I'd be willing to bet our own published figure is well over $200 a month (assuming a 10-month academic year).

Last edited:

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
This came up several months back. At that time, the amounts were dead on each school's "other" expenses as listed on the NCES College Navigator. It does not yet have 15-16 COA so can't tell if they still match or not. The COA has been set/reported by financial aid offices to NCES for years.