Coronavirus impact on volunteering

LibertyTurns

Banned
Any of you guys seeing much impact outside of sports like I am? I regularly help at the local youth center down here tutoring, guiding, etc those in need trying to break them out of their family’s cycle of poverty. We’re losing contact with the kids (many don’t have home internet, etc), our normal fundraising stuff is completely shut off, we’re having a hard time with bigger donors because we can’t get them onsite, etc. We can’t get bigger companies to help out because they’re bunkering down financially to absorb shutdowns. Smaller companies have evaporated as a source of help and they’re trying to stay solvent.

I understand Blood Banks are struggling, churches are having issues with charitable donations as they’re either shutdown already or people have stayed home, and Food Banks are not getting their normal donation levels and demand is surging.

Tough times right now. The nation needs those that can help to help. The big government bailout being concocted is not going to solve this issue.

slugboy

Staff member
I don’t know how I can donate blood. Those have always been crowded situations, and the church where I donate (mine) is virtual right now.

I’m not sure what to do for the face to face type volunteering. I’ll look into what info is out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
There’s a local blood drive that was just set up near me, under a new protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Pet therapy under the auspices of a local hospice - we take a couple of our small dogs once a month - to nursing homes is now shut down in north Alabama.