Concussion lawsuit against NCAA

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This article was in my Front Office Sports newsletter. (I'm not sure how I got on their mailing list.)

If the plaintiff wins, I could see a bunch of late night commercials in the future. "Did you or a loved one play college football before 2010 and now are experiencing memory loss, psychological problems, or even death? You could be eligible for millions of dollars in compensation! Call the law firm of Dooley, Goff, & Donnan now!"

If I remember correctly, Coach Chan Gailey, in his first season (2002), would not let Sidney Ford return to the football field after a concussion early in the season. Ford had suffered multiple concussions in his career. It seems like Gailey said something publicly to the effect that Ford's long term health was more important than football. I've wondered since, after the public learned about CTE, did Gailey know something more about concussions than his collegiate contemporaries because of his NFL experience?

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
A great friend, Georgia tech grad, just died from ALS. His doctor surprisingly told him he most likely developed ALS from multiple concussions playing HS football. More and more info will slowly continue to come out on correlation between football head injuries and long term brain issues as the medical field develops their understanding of this. This is what is going to destroy football. Hats off to Chan for standing up for his players health and safety.