Coastal Chaos--We cannot win a tiebreak

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
I come to inform you that the proposition of a 3 way tie between us, Duke, and Miami at 6-2 cannot break our way. If Miami wins out (beats FSU, UVA, Pitt), Duke (VT, UNC, Wake) loses one, and we beat Clemson, we will lose the 2nd tiebreak found in this link: http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/ACC-Football-Championship-Tiebreakers

But what about a dosage to 5-3 mayhem?

The key for the tiebreaker in this scenario to break in our favor, each team would have to have two coastal losses.
upload_2014-11-9_0-16-16.png

If Pitt has 3 coastal losses, yet wins out, that doesn't help us, because they will lose the tiebreaker leaving us with Miami and Duke, which we know doesn't end up well. So forget about Pitt.

So no matter what, we lose the 2nd tiebreaker, so what about the third? There is only one way to get there. It includes UNC, GT, Miami, and Duke.

• Miami beats FSU, and loses to UVA or Pitt
  • Duke loses to VT and Miami
  • UNC wins out

The third tiebreak says that you’ll be compared to the other tied teams. We would lose this tie breaker to Duke as well.

upload_2014-11-9_0-16-42.png

So there you have it, as far as I can tell, we cannot win a tiebreaker of any sort.
Clemson is a win or go home game. Let's get on it. and go Hokies/Tar Heels/Deacs.

Attachments

• one.png
    one.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 15
  • upload_2014-11-9_0-15-56.png
    upload_2014-11-9_0-15-56.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 15

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
That's a lot to work through...thanks for doing it and thanks for sharing it..!
Of course I'd love to go to ACCCG game and win it but I'm not gonna let our dim prospects
bring me down... I'm enjoying this team and I'm very encouraged for our future.... Very fun season!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If we don't beat Clemson, then no need to worry about anything else. Let's beat Clemson first...plenty of time to analyze this during the bye week.