Clemson Football Self reported violations: Justice served?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I will be the first to admit that accidents happen and the more people you have on “staff” within an organization the more difficult it is to secure process and adhere to all the rules but some of these self reported violations seem borderline serious. It never mentioned in the article what the punishment was for the “secondary violations “. If the punishment isn’t severe aren’t you really just encouraging others to muddy the waters and operate slightly outside the rules of operation?
Feb. 5, 2019: Student-athlete received payment from an owner of a private residence to work on three occasions and was compensated above the going rate for the work that was completed.

I would be curious just how much was the athlete OVERPAID on these 3 occasions? What’s he going rate? Did the athlete have to return the money?
  • Reimbursing an athlete for ground transportation expenses above the school’s mileage rate
    How much was reimbursed?

Providing a meal and per diem for players for the same meal

Double dipping on the same expense?
Link:https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...d-13-secondary-violations-2018-19/1951848001/

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Some of these just make me laugh: "Utilizing confetti during a photo shoot during a recruit's official visit"

But of course, some of the others are more serious. This is not surprising when (a) The NCAAs rules are a labyrinth of silliness often times, and (b) You are a school like Clemson which has so much money flowing everywhere that these things are likely to happen.

I would think regardless of the seriousness, that when you have to self report 22 violations, that shows a huge lack of control.