Clemson 2014 + ND 2015

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last year the CLEMSON 's Defense was a giant test which we passed. After that our confidence could not be shaken. We finished strong.
AM I WRONG? A gusty victory over. ND on this big national stage game could put us on the map for years to come.

techfan4

Georgia Tech Fan
We won the game, sure, but 14 of those 28 points were scored by our defense. Our offense scoring 14 points is not really "passing the test" when you compare to the production we had against everyone else.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
We won the game, sure, but 14 of those 28 points were scored by our defense. Our offense scoring 14 points is not really "passing the test" when you compare to the production we had against everyone else.
I dunno. We passed for 100 and ran for 250 (had to look it up). That's not world beating, but not bad considering that pick 6s cost you offensive possessions.

Woodstock

Georgia Tech Fan
Watch the game again. The game was well in hand and we were in runout the clock mode by halftime, and, except for the occasional pass, only ran the most vanilla offence.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

It was 12 of the 28, fwiw (missed both pat).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This game will be the most watched game of the weekend.
I could be wrong but after I think we have permanently turned the offense up a notch. The nagging doubt is that after Clemson we played against some talented defenses with DC who had 0 or very few years experience.

I hope we remove any doubt on a national stage. The pressure is on this team to show that it was not a lucky streak.
If so we win and especially if we hear "they can't stoppum, folks" ... MAJOR national awards for players , staff come into play, Recruiting Goes up a notch rationally, Atlanta street fans return, we begin to learn to play as the favorite, and gt merchandise is actully sold somewhere besides Atlanta.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, I always hate the Pick Six. Robbing us of valuable time of possession. :) Same with the punt return for a score. Why can't we get Golden to fair catch more?
Not sure if serious[emoji2] . My point was only that we had solid production offensively considering we had only 8 possessions, excluding the short end of half possessions. Pick 6 always welcome here.
Yes, I always hate the Pick Six. Robbing us of valuable time of possession. :) Same with the punt return for a score. Why can't we get Golden to fair catch more?
Not sure if serious[emoji2] . My point was only that we had solid production offensively considering we had only 8 possessions, excluding the short end of half possessions.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure the ND defense is good, but are we really comparing a defense that led the nation in Total Defense last year to a defense that just gave up over 400 yards of offense to UVA?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Last year - we played like we had
"Chip on shoulder"
Heard on gt video - coach says
"Play like hair is on fire!"
I am fired up.