Christo named ACC player of the year

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He also is currently #2 on the PGA Tour University ranking.
Yep and he was ranked #1 earlier this year. He can reclaim #1 with strong play before going pro. He may have an automatic into the US Open next month based on British Open and he may be planning on the US AM. He will have a chance in the next few months.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yep and he was ranked #1 earlier this year. He can reclaim #1 with strong play before going pro. He may have an automatic into the US Open next month based on British Open and he may be planning on the US AM. He will have a chance in the next few months.
Wait... I didn't think there was such a thing as an "amateur" college athlete.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Thank you all. I don't know how I got this honor being a 20+ handicapper ;)

oooooh . . . THAT Christo. Well, he learned everything from watching me . . . that is all the things NOT to do on a golf course. Pretty effective teaching device.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Ben Shelton, Chris Eubanks' ex doubles partner, is playing #1 Sinner in Wimbledon's sweet sixteen this morning ~9:15 EDT. Ben is Bryan Shelton's son. Bryan is a Tech grad, played on tour a few years, coached women's tennis @Tech and won a natty in 2007. He went to Florida, coached Ben in college and won a men's natty in 2021. He is the only coach to win a National Championship in both women's and men's tennis. He retired in 2023 to coach Ben as a professional. Ben has really stepped up his game and is now ranked #14. It is very entertaining to watch Ben play and see the interaction between him and his dad in the stands. Ben is a big server and good net player. His best serve yesterday was clocked at 139 mph in his win in the third round in his second 5 set match in consecutive days.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I reposted the above in its own thread which i believe it deserves. Mods please delete the post above.