Brand Loyalty

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
So at our wedding, my wife and I each chose a beer to represent our CFB loyalties - I got Sweetwater 420, she got Creature Comforts Classic City Lager. As a result we have several leftover cases and I'm trying to decide what to do with them. Classic City has no UGA branding on its cans, but it does have a Georgia logo on the box and it's obviously is named after Athens. However you could put it in a cooler with guests none the wiser, and it's a decent beer in its own right.

So my question is, how loyal are you to a particular brand? Would you bring Classic City to a GT tailgate, would you restrict it to non-GT events, would you restrict it to home drinking only, or would you boycott it altogether? And what other brands are you loyal to because of GT?

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It would depend on my loyalties. If I am a GT fan going to a UGA tailgate, I bring my "Ale of an Engineer" brews with me. Nobody would care because my GT jersey would speak for me. I am sure UGA fans would bring Classic City, but since they are crawling around on the ground drooling you would have to put it in a bowl for them.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
So at our wedding, my wife and I each chose a beer to represent our CFB loyalties - I got Sweetwater 420, she got Creature Comforts Classic City Lager. As a result we have several leftover cases and I'm trying to decide what to do with them. Classic City has no UGA branding on its cans, but it does have a Georgia logo on the box and it's obviously is named after Athens. However you could put it in a cooler with guests none the wiser, and it's a decent beer in its own right.

So my question is, how loyal are you to a particular brand? Would you bring Classic City to a GT tailgate, would you restrict it to non-GT events, would you restrict it to home drinking only, or would you boycott it altogether? And what other brands are you loyal to because of GT?
Wait, what? Naming a beer after Athens and they called it “Classic City”? Shouldn’t it have been called “Would Actually Be A Single Red-Light, Rural Intersection If It Wasn’t For The Cow-College”?

@kg01 : How’d I do?

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Ehh. I don't drink beers just because they are Tech specific or whatever. The New Realm Tech beers are frankly not very good imo. I stick to common neutral beers for gameday - Yuengling, Coors Light, Miller High Life, etc

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Ehh. I don't drink beers just because they are Tech specific or whatever. The New Realm Tech beers are frankly not very good imo. I stick to common neutral beers for gameday - Yuengling, Coors Light, Miller High Life, etc
I do think Helluvavienna Lager is tasty. 420 feels like the default “Atlanta” beer though.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I do not like the New Realm beers and the can design is ugly. Why they picked such polarizing styles like a Vienna lager and golden ale is still questionable. Give me a light lager 4.5% ABV crusher and donate $1 to The Tech Way for every 12 pack sold and it will be the only thing my tailgate drinks. It's Guinness-first on gamedays until we lose this season though.

I'd love if Halfway Crooks partnered with Tech. Their co-founder, Shawn Bainbridge, is BSEE '11 and they make the best beer in the city. I'm not sure they could (or would even be interested) scale enough to meet the demand though. They do distribute now but I think it's a small part of their business and they are probably hyper-neurotic about it.

Back on topic, Creature Comforts is probably my favorite mass distributed brewery in Georgia. I've been drinking their stuff before/during Tech games for the past decade so I'd be fine with walking around campus with one.

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I do not like the New Realm beers and the can design is ugly. Why they picked such polarizing styles like a Vienna lager and golden ale is still questionable. Give me a light lager 4.5% ABV crusher and donate $1 to The Tech Way for every 12 pack sold and it will be the only thing my tailgate drinks. It's Guinness-first on gamedays until we lose this season though.

I'd love if Halfway Crooks partnered with Tech. Their co-founder, Shawn Bainbridge, is BSEE '11 and they make the best beer in the city. I'm not sure they could (or would even be interested) scale enough to meet the demand though. They do distribute now but I think it's a small part of their business and they are probably hyper-neurotic about it.

Back on topic, Creature Comforts is probably my favorite mass distributed brewery in Georgia. I've been drinking their stuff before/during Tech games for the past decade so I'd be fine with walking around campus with one.
I like the idea of a light lager; but I would also love to see some kind of an Irish Red.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'm very loyal to Stella Artois and Weihenstephaner for my lagers. Don't hate me for my choices here because I like Coors Light on the golf course especially in the summer.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You're absolutely correct. I don't drink it unless I need water badly and it doesn't hurt that it has a hint of beer in it :)
I love a good beer with lots of taste and body. But I do remember the days when mowing the lawn in the summer was made tolerable by drinking any of the “light beers.” National Light, Bud Light, Coors Light…they all had that fuzzy effervescence and light body that could be guzzled.