Brad Morgan

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Will and Brad would make strong team! Devine still has some work to improve pulling and pass blocking, but he is a physically gifted person. Scott is going to be an asset here too.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Man. Shamire needs to work on his lateral footwork. That spin move Kallon put on him was pathetic. Plenty of time to take one step inside. On the positive side, nice lockout before that. Also, Kalon''s first step is quick! I think he could be effective if we dial up slants and stunts for him.

Glanton doesn't surprise me & I don't think it was competition. His spring game is identical to his high school film. Violent hands, very good at shedding blocks.

Brad Morgan's pull is very nice. But the DE (Merriweather) did a pretty good job too. Looks like he's playing the C gap. The tackle blocks down, Merriweather reroutes him (although it didn't matter b/c the DT got blown up) and then forces the BB to bounce outside, where bridges needs to make that tackle at the line (who was that AB? was he planning on blocking anyone? lol 2 guys crossed his face before he ran out of frame)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the clips, Longest.

Before we build Brad up off a few clips (against the 2nd team), or chip at Devine's mistakes, we need to watch the entirety of their body of work in the scrimmage. GT has no one on the OL roster that can do what Shamire can do when he's on. He just needs to be "on" like he was against FSU in 2014. That's the guy we need. There's a reason why CPJ said “Shamire, he’s got to play,” Johnson said. “He’s got to be the guy.” CPJ does not play favors, he's going to play the best guy.

Brad will be a good one though. He's RFr, and he's going to get better. Showed a lot of promise.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My post were not ment to highlight any lowlights of any of our players. I was asked for some video on Kellon and he played against Devine most of the game. Showing film of good plays of the spring game is difficult due to someone on the team getting the lowlight coverage. Shoot, the first film of Brads is going to get me some grief with 95.

That said, DeVine and Kallon went back and forth through the whole game with a tie in effectiveness. The biggest area for DeVine to improve is pulling. I am not going to post video of his pulls. DeVine is a beast that should drive most defenders into the end zone. I would love to have that Shaq like presence that we can depend on 3 yards if we run behind him.

Brad has one to two weeks as a guard. He played well above average even against the twos with two weeks at a new position. He stood out on film in pass blocking, pulling, and cutting off the back side. Not bad and I bet he gets better.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My post were not ment to highlight any lowlights of any of our players. I was asked for some video on Kellon and he played against Devine most of the game. Showing film of good plays of the spring game is difficult due to someone on the team getting the lowlight coverage. Shoot, the first film of Brads is going to get me some grief with 95.

That said, DeVine and Kallon went back and forth through the whole game with a tie in effectiveness. The biggest area for DeVine to improve is pulling. I am not going to post video of his pulls. DeVine is a beast that should drive most defenders into the end zone. I would love to have that Shaq like presence that we can depend on 3 yards if we run behind him.

Brad has one to two weeks as a guard. He played well above average even against the twos with two weeks at a new position. He stood out on film in pass blocking, pulling, and cutting off the back side. Not bad and I bet he gets better.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to single your post out. That wasn't where I was going with it. I know you were just highlighting some real good plays by Big Brad.

I was speaking more in general terms of fans taking a few clips and running with it (like we do over there in the recruiting section). We tend take highlights and build up a player sometimes. The fact is, we can take clips of one game and make Laremy Tunsil (#1 rated OL in the draft) and make him look pedestrian, and take game clips of a decent lineman and make him look like a top draft pick.

On to your the gist of your post: Agree...Morgan has very good tools for the position. The one thing he lacks right now is pure strength that Shaq had and Devine has. His movement pulling is better than Devine right now (probably Brad's strength as an OG right now). If you watch the first two drives of the 2nd team, it pretty much encapsulates the strengths and weaknesses of the Brad right now. He's got some high highs, but some low lows. Got out quick on a pull one time and stood up the DL one play, and the next play got spun in pass protection. As you said, he's young and still learning the position. Tools are there though.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Question by Brad's bother (Scott) play I looked for him but did not see him .