Bobby Dodd Operations Issues

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Good to know these issues are being heard and worked on, even if it doesn't affect me. Other than dropping Clemson as a permanent crossover (and I do understand the reasoning), I have been really impressed with Batt.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Good to know these issues are being heard and worked on, even if it doesn't affect me. Other than dropping Clemson as a permanent crossover (and I do understand the reasoning), I have been really impressed with Batt.
Super impressed w the gtaa as a whole since Batt = Moved from "perforative" to " hands on" .

Helluva block party w Ludicrous was genius- last week there we walk ups that had tickets but wanted to get to South endzone = thats pure marketing.

The new PA talker guy started but sound was accidentally set on "Havanna Syndrome"while Gov and BOR were here. BAM, Batt is on it --- And communicating he is BATT ON IT.
In business, Everything is a marketing opportunity. TFP knew this but was incompetent.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Figured it’s better to move this to its own thread since the renovation thread is not the best place to talk about it. Batt is on it and let’s hope VMI is a better experience.

FWIW, several SEC schools have a group of retired folks who are part of the VIP Experience. They work for the AD, free … but get admission to all sporting events at the club level (I.e., free food and beverage). Kinda like the old Delta Red Coats. I think my club is 50 strong.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
FWIW, several SEC schools have a group of retired folks who are part of the VIP Experience. They work for the AD, free … but get admission to all sporting events at the club level (I.e., free food and beverage). Kinda like the old Delta Red Coats. I think my club is 50 strong.

My father-in-law, a retired Air Force Sergeant, does this at UTk. Serves as an usher for all their home games. Took me and my son to the Vandy game last season with his one set of free tickets he gets per season.

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
I was really pleased to see this when it came across my feed. Hopefully we see some concrete changes before Duke, because if the winning keeps up the student section will be packed. Shoutout SGA president Shivani as well, I went to high school with her and we ran cross country together.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
We used 1 home game for Ireland. Gave another up for the Benz. Gave yet another Saturday home game up for a Thurs night match up.

The student section deal wasn't the only jacked up part of game #1, there were fiascos all over Bobby Dodd on Saturday. The staff had to prepare for 4 homes games this year. They screwed up game #1, there's only 3 left. Yeah Batt at least acknowledged they f'd up, but he & his team had 9 months to get ready and laid an egg. Not impressed. Same old GT poorly run operation, just like the dunce before him.

A lot of us run complex enterprises all over the world. It takes talent, but if we looked inward and hired our own talent or target successful assistants elsewhere at good size programs to take care of this stuff it would be measurably better overnight. We just keep hiring these people that only have experience with 3-4k people at a football game. You don't make this jump overnight and the results speak for themselves.

Yeah I'm sure they think their GT job is way cool and it's massively better than where they came from, but they all need to start out 2-3 levels below what they currently occupy. Most of them are just over their heads. Dazed and confused, unsure of what to do when things are not going well. Not a good position to be in but Batt needs to fix this asap and get some competent folks in here to lead the charge.

Go4Tech

Jolly Good Fellow
This sounds Amazing!

Not being in the AA or local, the perspective going back to CPJ time was that Tech was playing against at least two different opponents each week.

Really nice to hear that it is now two against one, and in Tech’s favor!

THWG.

That is all.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We used 1 home game for Ireland. Gave another up for the Benz. Gave yet another Saturday home game up for a Thurs night match up.

The student section deal wasn't the only jacked up part of game #1, there were fiascos all over Bobby Dodd on Saturday. The staff had to prepare for 4 homes games this year. They screwed up game #1, there's only 3 left. Yeah Batt at least acknowledged they f'd up, but he & his team had 9 months to get ready and laid an egg. Not impressed. Same old GT poorly run operation, just like the dunce before him.

A lot of us run complex enterprises all over the world. It takes talent, but if we looked inward and hired our own talent or target successful assistants elsewhere at good size programs to take care of this stuff it would be measurably better overnight. We just keep hiring these people that only have experience with 3-4k people at a football game. You don't make this jump overnight and the results speak for themselves.

Yeah I'm sure they think their GT job is way cool and it's massively better than where they came from, but they all need to start out 2-3 levels below what they currently occupy. Most of them are just over their heads. Dazed and confused, unsure of what to do when things are not going well. Not a good position to be in but Batt needs to fix this asap and get some competent folks in here to lead the charge.
I believe these issues go back through many AD’s, not just the last few. I believe that the task of changing the culture there would be similar to changing the culture within your state’s DMV. That’s how deeply entrenched some of the issues are. If JB can fix these issues it would be equally as impressive as fixing the performance of the athletic teams on the field.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I believe these issues go back through many AD’s, not just the last few. I believe that the task of changing the culture there would be similar to changing the culture within your state’s DMV. That’s how deeply entrenched some of the issues are. If JB can fix these issues it would be equally as impressive as fixing the performance of the athletic teams on the field.
One of the great ironies is that the GTAA has very few graduates of the Institute and virtually oblivious to things such as customer satisfaction, defect rates, queue theory, process, kpi’s, milestones, etc.

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
One of the great ironies is that the GTAA has very few graduates of the Institute and virtually oblivious to things such as customer satisfaction, defect rates, queue theory, process, kpi’s, milestones, etc.
Maybe this is why things are the way they are? GTAA contracted out almost everything related to fan satisfaction, ticket sales and game day activities to Legends, Inc. in 2020 through 2031. https://www.legends.net/

I noticed a big change in how game day activities were planned and executed, especially basketball, where the basketball office had little say in what happened. Before 2020, there was much involvement from the head coach on down for game-night activities. You are correct that there are very few GT grads working for Legends, with most being sports management fields with little experience in D-1 athletics.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Wife was shocked at how many more people attended and really packed out the North Ave Helkuva block party.
Due to being old we come early and leave late. Loved seeing giant increase in student attendence. Our section in west was full for first time in 4 years.

When they are full for a few more games, i hope they get the many problems some folks experienced at the game.

We loved the crowded and chaos verses feeling like we are some of the few suckers that attend.

I wonder if we could get some gt guys to start a YELLOW "JACKET" club like they have at ND to help all the new attendeds. This club could give direct and valuable feed back to gtaa operations.

Mkst know.
Gt was called yellow jackets becayse fans wore yellow jackets. But then a newspaper drew a cartoon of a yellowjacket stinging a football players w caption "
about to get stung"

If we go on a winning streak, the chaos at bds will be off the chart.