Best option pitch from 2014...

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the one to Snoddy that was a forward pass for about 60 yard, I thing against GSU. one of the 1st few games.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My nominee would be the insanely late pitch in the UGag game, where JeT drew in the outside defender, got picked up, and managed to get it out over the defender's shoulder to the a-back... Remarkable ball handling...
There was one in the MSU game, second half, equally as daring but without the sense of urgency about it. I remember thinking on the replay about the small window he pitched the ball through that split screen would be great: the pitch and the agony of Paul Johnson watching it.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
My nominee would be the insanely late pitch in the UGag game, where JeT drew in the outside defender, got picked up, and managed to get it out over the defender's shoulder to the a-back... Remarkable ball handling...

There was an interview w/ CPJ where someone asked him about Thomas on that play, and he kind of let his guard down and said "it was purdy, waddn't it?" Somehow I lost the link though.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
One thing I think fails to get mention enough is the outstanding ball security this past year... Our pitches, be they option, rocket toss, or whatever, are out equivalent to the short possession passes most teams use - except, if we drop it's a fumble instead of an incomplete pass... Anyone remember the sense of anxiety in years past associated with ill-timed or ill-advised pitches? Everyone - A-backs, B-Backs, and Quarterbacks - did such a great job of handling the ball in the backfield this year... Was such a pleasure to watch...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
One thing I think fails to get mention enough is the outstanding ball security this past year... Our pitches, be they option, rocket toss, or whatever, are out equivalent to the short possession passes most teams use - except, if we drop it's a fumble instead of an incomplete pass... Anyone remember the sense of anxiety in years past associated with ill-timed or ill-advised pitches? Everyone - A-backs, B-Backs, and Quarterbacks - did such a great job of handling the ball in the backfield this year... Was such a pleasure to watch...
It was that. I finally had to acknowledge that TW was very good with them, but cringed every time Nesbitt or Lee turned one loose. A remarkable performance by Thomas and the trailing backs for that matter. They always seemed to maintain the pitch relationship with the QB.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
And everyone thought JTs risky playmaker attempts were gonna be his downfall. Its like the game is in slow motion to him. What seems risky to us, is just another play for him.