Belmont Game - midtown street closure list

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The marathon and half marathon will be going on Sunday morning and afternoon and it will have an impact in the area close to the arena. Give yourself extra time to get down and find parking, you may need it.

Here is the list of street closures and times for the marathon and half marathon as well as the courses for both. Would definately plan on giving yourself a few extra min.

https://dynamix-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/atlantatrackcluborg/atlantatrackcluborg_765759877.pdf

https://dynamix-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/atlantatrackcluborg/atlantatrackcluborg_382752358.pdf

The half marathon comes down Juniper and then 5th to Techwood Dr to North- but that should be complete before the game. The full marathon comes down Spring St to 5th to Techwood to North - that will not be complete until after the game has started.

If you are coming in from the North side you may want to get off at Norside DR if you are coming down I-75 and get off at 16th street from I-85 and then come around to the arena from there.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
March 17, 2017

THE FLATS - Sunday, March 19, has turned into one of the most exciting and jam-packed days on Georgia Tech athletics’ calendar in 2017, as home NIT and WNIT games have joined previously scheduled ACC softball and baseball series finales on the docket.

TRAFFIC ADVISORY
All fans accessing campus before 2 p.m. on Sunday must do so via 10th Street, as North Avenue, Techwood Drive and Spring Street will be closed due to the Publix Marathon (course map and street closures).

PARKING
Men’s Basketball vs. Belmont – Noon (McCamish Pavilion)
Season-ticket holders can click HERE to pre-purchase parking in Family Housing Deck (ER66) or in Fowler Street ADA parking.

Single-game parking in W23 State Street Deck and Upper Peters Deck is available for purchase online or on-site.

Softball vs. Syracuse – Noon (Mewborn Field)
Parking is available in Family Housing Deck (ER66).

Baseball vs. North Carolina – 1 p.m. (Russ Chandler Stadium)
Single-game parking in Klaus Deck (KD) or W23 State Street Deck is available for purchase online or on-site.

Women’s Basketball vs. UCF – 5 p.m. (McCamish Pavilion)
Parking is available in Family Housing Deck (ER66) and Fowler Street ADA parking.

For the latest information on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, follow us on Twitter (@GTAthletics), Facebook and Instagram or visit us at Ramblinwreck.com.

The marathon and half marathon will be going on Sunday morning and afternoon and it will have an impact in the area close to the arena. Give yourself extra time to get down and find parking, you may need it.

Here is the list of street closures and times for the marathon and half marathon as well as the courses for both. Would definately plan on giving yourself a few extra min.

https://dynamix-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/atlantatrackcluborg/atlantatrackcluborg_765759877.pdf

https://dynamix-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/atlantatrackcluborg/atlantatrackcluborg_382752358.pdf

The half marathon comes down Juniper and then 5th to Techwood Dr to North- but that should be complete before the game. The full marathon comes down Spring St to 5th to Techwood to North - that will not be complete until after the game has started.

If you are coming in from the North side you may want to get off at Norside DR if you are coming down I-75 and get off at 16th street from I-85 and then come around to the arena from there.
What about coming in from the south? I was hoping to come up W P'Tree to 5th and park at the Tech Hotel. Do you think I will be able to get there between 10 AM and 11 AM?

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
What about coming in from the south? I was hoping to come up W P'Tree to 5th and park at the Tech Hotel. Do you think I will be able to get there between 10 AM and 11 AM?

Good luck with that! I was also planning to park at the GT Hotel for a pre game brunch, but changed restaurants based on the marathon course. It runs south right down Spring then to campus on Fifth -- right between the hotel and my brunch location. So if you can get to the hotel from the south you might be okay to park. But you might have to jog to McCamish and wear a number!

Good luck with that! I was also planning to park at the GT Hotel for a pre game brunch, but changed restaurants based on the marathon course. It runs south right down Spring then to campus on Fifth -- right between the hotel and my brunch location. So if you can get to the hotel from the south you might be okay to park. But you might have to jog to McCamish and wear a number!
The only thing I can do is play it by ear and see what works.

Ehb

Georgia Tech Fan
Is there any reason if we take Marta, that the roads would be closed off for pedestrian traffic between there and McCamish?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You can park on the street for free in Sunday. Park by the biltmore and walk down. Or on 5th street if you can.

5th street will be closed due to the Marathon. Won't re-open until 2.

South of 5th street will be open.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in midtown. I park on the street all the time and I never pay on Sundays. It's definitely free.
The meter says Sundays are exempt so you can verify before leaving your car.

To clarify: I'm not referring to on-campus parking. Just Atlanta city streets. So Hemphill, 5th street, west peach tree, etc.

Last edited:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
City street parking is free on Sunday.
Hemphill and Home Park should be fine.

The Marathon comes across 12th street from Piedmont Park and then goes down Spring ST to 5th Street to Techwood Dr. to North Ave.
Spring street will be closed from 12th street to 5th. 5th street is closed to Techwood Dr.