Basketball Parking

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
How do people usually get to basketball games from the metro Atlanta area? The parking tickets on the GT website are ridiculously high.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You can take MARTA, but then you're at risk of being shot in the face.

Depending on your family type/post-game activities, you can park at the Cheetah for $3 and walk over, but it'll cost a lot more after the game.

You can also park in the Plaza Midtown retail parking, buy some candy to sneak in from the Publix. Probably your cheapest option.

There used to be a lot next to that Domino's on 14th. I've got no idea if it's still there or somebody snuck a high-rise apartment tower on there.

Despite the jovial tone of my post, believe it or not, all are legit options.

ETA: The cheapest GT option at Centergy seems reasonable at about $10/game. Midtown parking just isn't cheap anymore.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There is a Chinese restaurant and student housing complex across the bridge on 10th (used to be a medical facility I think) that has a small parking deck. That is where I always park. It is just before you get to the BP Station or Domino's. There is usually an Executive parking representative out there taking money ($10). You then walk right over the 10th street bridge and you are there! Go for Chinese prior to the game and park for free!!