'bama cost of hitting Saban bottom

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
What does it cost 'bama to get beyond the effects of the Saban dynasty years? I saw where they had to give their new coach approx 87-88 million over 7 or 8 years which says to me that it took big money to get someone of name to follow Nick. IMO no name coach was going to follow that act and I'm of the opinion that will be true for any hirings that follow current coach if he gets fired in a year or two. How long does it take the 'bama fazithful to hit their Saban bottom? I watched them after the "Bear" was gone and it took a long time.

That leads me to this question. Would you rather support a dynasty program or a program well run from the school, athletic dept and donor/fan support system that competed well and had a NC once every 10-15 years. Seems to me that ND has sort of done the latter and even when they have a successful coach they only allow him to stay approx 10 years.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
What does it cost 'bama to get beyond the effects of the Saban dynasty years? I saw where they had to give their new coach approx 87-88 million over 7 or 8 years which says to me that it took big money to get someone of name to follow Nick. IMO no name coach was going to follow that act and I'm of the opinion that will be true for any hirings that follow current coach if he gets fired in a year or two. How long does it take the 'bama fazithful to hit their Saban bottom? I watched them after the "Bear" was gone and it took a long time.

That leads me to this question. Would you rather support a dynasty program or a program well run from the school, athletic dept and donor/fan support system that competed well and had a NC once every 10-15 years. Seems to me that ND has sort of done the latter and even when they have a successful coach they only allow him to stay approx 10 years.
It will cost Bama $250M before it's all said and done if they choose wisely with their next choice which is a remote possibility. I'd put money on them spending $500M+ between salaries and buyouts over 15-20 years before they win another National Championship. Took them 25 years and 6 coaches before they hired Satan, but they have NIL now and should do it quicker.