Awesome pic of Butker kick!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Didn't realize how close it was to being blocked.

Pasted-Image-11-30-14,-7-38-PM.png

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn't realize how close it was to not making the distance. I was jumping up and down so much I missed the replays.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What I noticed was that Coach sent in Shamire for that kick and he was visibly tilted toward the space over our long snapper. Hard to get around that guy.

Btw, I think the picture is playing tricks here. The path of the kick was further to the right of the guy with his hands up then it appears here.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Was Butker kicking low all day or was uga just getting a good push all day?
Like augustaBuzz said earler:
Apparently it's easier to block a kick if you ignore the rule against roughing the long snapper!
Go watch the highlights, esp the blocked PAT in OT. They had two guys lift the LS off the ground and dump him on his back immediately after the snap on their way to block the kick. That SEC non-call was at least the fifth intentional bad call trying to get uGA the win. With decent refs, we would have blown out uGA in that game.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There's a rule which prohibits initiating contact with the snapper in a kick formation for 1 second after snap. It is a rule ignored by georgie and SEC refs.

My mindset is, in sports, you have to adapt to the refs (instead of complaining about them). There have been several instances over the last several years where Ga. players have stood up a tech player and stripped the ball. Two have been returned for scores. The SEC refs allow for a more physical style of play. But when have you ever seen us return the favor? My point is, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
thanks, Dr. Seuss. Looking from the live replay from the elevated endzone angle. It appeared that Butker hooked it around the center that UGA was rushing through. Not sure if it was intentional, miraculous, or just the way kicks work, but it's a noticeable curve, before the kick straightens out.

My mindset is, in sports, you have to adapt to the refs (instead of complaining about them). There have been several instances over the last several years where Ga. players have stood up a tech player and stripped the ball. Two have been returned for scores. The SEC refs allow for a more physical style of play. But when have you ever seen us return the favor? My point is, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

to our credit Gotsis rushed right through the center on our blocked FG. There's only so much we can do about the lack of a whistle, but I thought our team matched them pound for pound when it came to physicality, and we kept it very between the whistles. I liked what I saw.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
My mindset is, in sports, you have to adapt to the refs (instead of complaining about them).
If you have an employee that can't do their job, you either 1) move them to another area, 2) promote them to a job they can do, 3) demote them, or 4) fire them. You cannot accept poor work performance. You'll only get more of the same.

We have video of the bad calls. If they can't do their job at this level, they need to be demoted to a lower level of football. I am not complaining about the refs; I am calling for their heads (in a non-literal, job-sense).