Avery Showell tweet, position change

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As much as I am not a fan of any dwags it's hard to argue with Matt Stafford getting balls to CJ ;)

Well we agree to disagree. My son is a big Lions fan and a lot of the CJ receptions I saw were because CJ was Spiderman incarnate. Not only couldn't the defender get the ball; a mere mortal couldn't either. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. (I wouldn't be surprised if the facts showed me to be wrong but Piss On Them.)

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
As much as I am not a fan of any dwags it's hard to argue with Matt Stafford getting balls to CJ ;)
Calvin’s first year he had Jon Kitna as his QB. Calvin’s second year he had a combination of Kitna/Dan Orlovsky/Washed Daunte Culpepper. Calvin’s third year he had a rookie Matthew Stafford. Calvin’s fourth year he had Shaun Hill start 10 games as QB. Finally in his fifth year in the NFL he had Stafford start all 16 games and come into his own.

He was definitely held back by his QB play in four of his nine seasons.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Calvin’s first year he had Jon Kitna as his QB. Calvin’s second year he had a combination of Kitna/Dan Orlovsky/Washed Daunte Culpepper. Calvin’s third year he had a rookie Matthew Stafford. Calvin’s fourth year he had Shaun Hill start 10 games as QB. Finally in his fifth year in the NFL he had Stafford start all 16 games and come into his own.

He was definitely held back by his QB play in four of his nine seasons.

Even so, his #s are off the charts
2007 48 catches for 756 4 tds
2008 78 catches for 1331 12 tds
2009 67 catches for 984 5 tds
2010 77 catches for 1120 12 tds

Who know what his #s would have been with a competent QB for his entire career?

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I think Showell will be a nice addition to the WR rotation. We still have like 18 DB's on scholarship, so we're moving from a position of strength there. It's gonna be 2 years before the roster is balanced as it should be.