any of you dealing with the new Bermuda Triangle?

LibertyTurns

Banned
Bermuda triangle hit here this weekend. UPS package shown as delivered when I was in the front yard working. Pretty sure I didn‘t miss the delivery dude.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sad, funny and true....my Dell laptop still shows out for delivery since Dec.12. I have called Dell customer service in Bangladesh or wherever. I have filed an official complaint with AmEx who filed a case against Dell. I have yet to pay the bill. So, last week I get a followup email from Dell technical support asking me how I liked my new Dell XXXYZ model and if I were having any issues with it. I told them that the biggest issue to date was that I, in fact, had not received it! I also suggested that they look into their systems a bit to prevent future emails of this nature. Sheeeesh, You wouldn't expect this out of atech company (although the logistics issue technicall, if uu want to split hairs which I typically don't, belongs to FedEx). I am not dealing with the FedEx problem as I think that should be the shipper's responsibilty.

Deleted member 2897

Sad, funny and true....my Dell laptop still shows out for delivery since Dec.12. I have called Dell customer service in Bangladesh or wherever. I have filed an official complaint with AmEx who filed a case against Dell. I have yet to pay the bill. So, last week I get a followup email from Dell technical support asking me how I liked my new Dell XXXYZ model and if I were having any issues with it. I told them that the biggest issue to date was that I, in fact, had not received it! I also suggested that they look into their systems a bit to prevent future emails of this nature. Sheeeesh, You wouldn't expect this out of atech company (although the logistics issue technicall, if uu want to split hairs which I typically don't, belongs to FedEx). I am not dealing with the FedEx problem as I think that should be the shipper's responsibilty.

Having worked with Dell, I wouldn’t call them a Tech company. They want to be, but the culture is ancient systems penny pinching old school bureaucracy.

slugboy

Staff member
I ordered something from LL Bean, and they warn about shipping delays. The delays were in them getting the package to UPS.
I understand, but their text makes it look like it’s the other guy’s fault. I wish they’d just say, “we work as fast as possible, but COVID slows us down”

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Having worked with Dell, I wouldn’t call them a Tech company. They want to be, but the culture is ancient systems penny pinching old school bureaucracy.

Based on their response from my initial call, I strongly suspected this to be the case. What any company nowadays with customer service orientation would have done is to immediately have a replacement item shipped on an expedited basis. They would have taken up the dispute with FedEx on a separate basis. What Dell did (ala their "ancient" practices) is to offer to replace it once I received it. ?????????. At this point, I am still leaning on my old laptop and will NOT get a Dell to replace it without serious incentive on their part to do so.

As the old adage about customer service says...problems will always happen in any company. It is what happens after the problem occurs that differentiate great companies or businesses from ordinary ones.

Deleted member 2897

Based on their response from my initial call, I strongly suspected this to be the case. What any company nowadays with customer service orientation would have done is to immediately have a replacement item shipped on an expedited basis. They would have taken up the dispute with FedEx on a separate basis. What Dell did (ala their "ancient" practices) is to offer to replace it once I received it. ?????????. At this point, I am still leaning on my old laptop and will NOT get a Dell to replace it without serious incentive on their part to do so.

As the old adage about customer service says...problems will always happen in any company. It is what happens after the problem occurs that differentiate great companies or businesses from ordinary ones.

exactly, nobody is perfect. It’s how you deal with problems when they arise.

when I worked there not that long ago, their entire infrastructure ran on a green screen AS/400. Building quotes, entering orders, etc used all these stupid PF keys and nonsense.