Any chance we can make it to Charlotte?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’m confused how Louisville can be a conference contender while we can be equally terrible (if you read everyone’s thoughts).

I saw us play some bad offense on Saturday and I saw our defense hold them to 17 points. We played better most of the game and lost.

Honestly, I think it’s more likely that both teams are average teams and that Clemson and Miami are just much better than everyone else in the league this year.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’m confused how Louisville can be a conference contender while we can be equally terrible (if you read everyone’s thoughts).

I saw us play some bad offense on Saturday and I saw our defense hold them to 17 points. We played better most of the game and lost.

Honestly, I think it’s more likely that both teams are average teams and that Clemson and Miami are just much better than everyone else in the league this year.
That's what it looks like to me. The bottom tier is VPI, UNC, NC State, UVa, and maybe Duke. We'll find out about Duke in two weeks. Everybody else is in the middle.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Realistically, we now need Louisville to lose three conference games and for Miami to lose twice (with one being GT).

Actually I believe we just need to be ranked 2nd in the acc. For instance if we beat ND, Miami and UGA and were to say win out compltely it is very very likely we'd be top 15. Its also very likely Louisville will drop 2 of ND Miami Clemson (with an outside shot at dropping BC) The key is they play Clemson and we don't. So it doesn't matter that they beat us as long as we are ranked higher.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Actually I believe we just need to be ranked 2nd in the acc. For instance if we beat ND, Miami and UGA and were to say win out compltely it is very very likely we'd be top 15. Its also very likely Louisville will drop 2 of ND Miami Clemson (with an outside shot at dropping BC) The key is they play Clemson and we don't. So it doesn't matter that they beat us as long as we are ranked higher.
The moon just might fall out of the sky...but unlikely as is this scenario.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
10-2 regular season. 4-0 Postseason, baby!!!! I believe.
If Tech managed to win out, which, of course, is highly unlikely, they would have a fair shot at making the playoff even if they didn’t make the conference championship game because of the quality wins that would require.