Another Former Tech player to Ole Miss

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Saw that a few weeks ago. Just some NC state guy. His brother has been gone a couple years as well.
Yeah he announced he was entering the portal on Aug. 1 and by Aug. 4 he had a new home at Ole Miss. Oklahoma State I think you meant. Just thought it was another interesting layer to the game. I really, really liked Griffin. But even then, we knew we probably had one of the deepest RB rooms in the nation in 2020.

If I’m Griffin, and I score a TD against Tech this Fall, I’m going straight to the GT sideline and barking at Key, “I was your 4th string RB?!?!” (even though he obviously was).

Last edited:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Ah. Ok. I was confused because I think he was committed to NC state before he flipped to us during his initial recruitment.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm pretty sure he left on his own after Gibbs left. I think Tech was going to give him his shot and he decided to leave for reasons unknown.
^^ This. IIRC, he wavered on his decision of whether to go to the portal. Went in, dropped out of the portal, then ultimately went back in.

(Of course, I could be thinking of someone else, as we had some turnover at the time. I’m on mobile and can’t deal with the headache of looking it up right now.)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
^^ This. IIRC, he wavered on his decision of whether to go to the portal. Went in, dropped out of the portal, then ultimately went back in.

(Of course, I could be thinking of someone else, as we had some turnover at the time. I’m on mobile and can’t deal with the headache of looking it up right now.)
Yea it was pretty much he and Dontae's time to shine and he rolled out to O-state.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The only 2 things that will stop this is first and foremost to create a winning program and second is to be more competitive with NIL. The other thing is to have coaches who have strong relationships with their players and less coaching turnover. Choice leaving dramatically changed the running back room.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Is he even eligible to play this season then? I don't see that he is a grad transfer.

Edit - Nvm, found a source suggesting he is. I guess oregon state doesn't require a minimum of credit hours be completed there.