Annual White-Gold Series

Looking forward to see what kind of year Kel has. If he doesn't get hurt last year, he may have put up huge numbers. He looked more pro ready than any player I've seen at Tech as a Fr. Tex looked good, but I think Kel has more potential.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking forward to see what kind of year Kel has. If he doesn't get hurt last year, he may have put up huge numbers. He looked more pro ready than any player I've seen at Tech as a Fr. Tex looked good, but I think Kel has more potential.

Hope you're right because we are going to need his bat. His .151 average over the summer is not a good sign though ...... http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?P=kel-johnson

I am looking forward to baseball. This year I have Sling and WatchESPN so I can watch the games anywhere including my Kindle. I'll have to listen to WREK too since I like our announcers!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks. 2 errors for each team in the last two games ... not good.

English the hitting star with a .615 OBP. And good on Kel; 4-11 including a walk. But 4 SO. so 4 hits, 4 walks, 1 walk and 2 put outs.

Hughes got roughed up - 5 hits and 4 runs in three innings.

As Hall said, they saw enough to go onto the next phase of training...... these guys really do train / play all year. (Like all serious D1 athletes.)

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Told y'all about English. Disappointed that we apparently aren't going to let him pitch. Kid is a natural on the hill. Electric arm, and keeps everything low. Too good to spend his career as a DH.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Told y'all about English. Disappointed that we apparently aren't going to let him pitch. Kid is a natural on the hill. Electric arm, and keeps everything low. Too good to spend his career as a DH.

I think English will pitch if he's what we need. May not start out pitching but Brandon wasn't supposed to pitch either ...... I'm most worried about our hitting this year and he'll be needed there regardless.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think English will pitch if he's what we need. May not start out pitching but Brandon wasn't supposed to pitch either ...... I'm most worried about our hitting this year and he'll be needed there regardless.

English will definitely pitch. He missed a month or two this spring due to some arm fatigue/issues, so I think him not pitching this fall was more of a precaution. I would expect him to be on the mound at some point in the spring.