All-2014 Season Team: Top Performers

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree with him. The OL has been a revelation this year. Every player who had shown promise before suddenly (well, it did take a lot of work on their part) jelled into the player we expected when we got them to come to Tech and, in some cases, even better. I expect this to continue.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Quality depth.
Quality redshirts last couple years means quality competition.
Systematic buy-in and belief working closely with two team Captains, one being a redshirt-sophomore newly starting signal-caller.
A second designated coach to assist the OL development.
Being collectively smarter than likely all other linemen in the nation.
Taking pride in knocking the sh-- out of your assigned guy or upending them. And then getting the pleasure of feeling like Conan the Barbarian as the opponents players, coaches, and fans whine and moan about it.

Our O-line would have ended the trench warfare on the western front of the First World War in 4 months instead of the 4 years (and invention of the tank) it ended up requiring. :)

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Just an FYI - they gave Individual awards for every position other than the Offensive Line; they just gave the ENTIRE OFFENSIVE LINE to GA Tech as a whole. Damn good respect.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
THIS is exactly why GA Tech is able to compete against teams comprised of so many 4 and 5 star players with just 4 on our roster. WE play like a team instead of a bunch of individuals, and we're very "coachable".

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I go with JT...without him several games would have been in doubt.......his speed to outside really opened up the middle and vice versa........strong second is our OL.