Albany, Ga

herb

Helluva Engineer
I wish you had Edna's (my mom) Brunswick Stew in Decatur.

She was born in Grantville 96 years ago on October 12 and quit cooking about 10 years ago. She had this recipe in her head and it came out perfect every time.
i wish i had it too! My grandmother, also Edna, made the best as well. In a huge cast iron pot. Must be something with the name

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Best Brunswick stew in Georgia is . . .

two i like are Dairylane in Sandersville and Fresh Air in Jackson
I think White Diamond outside of Warner Robins in a little town (Bonaire iirc) has both the best BBQ and Brunswick stew in the state imo.

On a side note, when I moved outside the state of Ga. and ordered a BBQ sandwich at a little BBQ place in my new home, I ordered a sandwich with a bowl of stew (of course). The people behind the counter did nit know what Brunswick stew was! I am being serious here. A travesty! An abomination! An outrage! I was stunned. All my life I thought BBQ and stew went together like burgers and fries. It never occurred to me that you could get one without the other until that very moment. I was both crestfallen and flummoxed simultaneously with underlying feelings of rage and grief. I may have cried a bit too but managed to pull myself together enough to place my order and then stumble and collapse into the nearest booth. Life out here in the hinterlands and frontiers can be difficult at times but we struggle on.

herb

Helluva Engineer
I think White Diamond outside of Warner Robins in a little town (Bonaire iirc) has both the best BBQ and Brunswick stew in the state imo.

On a side note, when I moved outside the state of Ga. and ordered a BBQ sandwich at a little BBQ place in my new home, I ordered a sandwich with a bowl of stew (of course). The people behind the counter did nit know what Brunswick stew was! I am being serious here. A travesty! An abomination! An outrage! I was stunned. All my life I thought BBQ and stew went together like burgers and fries. It never occurred to me that you could get one without the other until that very moment. I was both crestfallen and flummoxed simultaneously with underlying feelings of rage and grief. I may have cried a bit too but managed to pull myself together enough to place my order and then stumble and collapse into the nearest booth. Life out here in the hinterlands and frontiers can be difficult at times but we struggle on.
lol, i thought the same thing. then we moved to Augusta and found they don't know what it is either. They have something called hash. Not the same

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well the day took an interesting turn of events. We ended up hopping in a King Air, had our meeting, went to Blackbeard’s, flew back out and just got home. I’ll give the recommendation a solid 7 on a 10 pt scale
Ate there many a time. I was meeting a friend of mine who is a podiatrist in Albany that went to Florida. What he has to say about Grantham was not nice. He claimed that Florida and LSU did not need to postpone their game this Saturday because both defenses strictly practiced social distancing. Glad you liked your visit.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
lol, i thought the same thing. then we moved to Augusta and found they don't know what it is either. They have something called hash. Not the same
You can't get stew in Augusta???! We need to give that city away to South Carolina then. But keep the Master's of course. That's a shame and an effrontery to conniseurs of smoked swine everywhere.