AJC: Thieves hit cars of Georgia Tech football players

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/thieves-hit-cars-of-georgia-tech-football-players/nnDJK/

According to a police incident report obtained Wednesday by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the thieves hit vehicles belonging to players Matthew Jordan, Chase Alford, Tyler Merriweather, Michael Muns, Rod Rook-Chungong, Andrew Marshall, Austin McClellan and Quaide Weimerskirch.

The thieves also stole a Georgia Tech briefcase from the vehicle of Brad Waggoner, Tech’s assistant director of player personnel.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
That's a shame. The first time you ever get broken into it is hard to describe the feeling of violation. I really hope this does not sour the experience for our players.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Were only GT player cars hit or were other cars hit at the same time? Would think the Marriott had surveillance cameras. Could become anti recruiting fodder for our rivals.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Were only GT player cars hit or were other cars hit at the same time? Would think the Marriott had surveillance cameras. Could become anti recruiting fodder for our rivals.

That's the problem the cars are still on campus while the guys are getting shuttled around on charter buses.

Horrible feeling. I had my window busted in and Jordans stolen on Home Park

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member

Sounds like other cars were also hit and isn't the first time mass car breakins happened at a hotel parking lot.

A vehicle belonging to Georgia Public Broadcasting was also broken into, but nothing was taken.

The incident was the second in recent weeks in which multiple cars were broken into in the parking lot of an Atlanta hotel.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
It will have been three weekends ago this weekend that my daughter's car was broken into while parked behind the frat house who's been kicked off campus for three years. She stayed there all of last year and this summer. She called me that Saturday morning at 7:30 to tell me. The campus police office that responded to her call told her that she was the ninth car that night and the third in the same area (several adjacent houses share an alley). Her car's window had likewise been broken by a screwdriver having been used against the edge of the window and seemingly used to pry on the glass.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Cute how this is a front page story for the AJC while I still can't figure out how to find any of our recruiting news even when looking directly on the GT(sic) page.

{I know, I know, beating a dead horse and all that ... just let me vent for a sec.}
Ask the Carvell Twitter stalker to find out from the C-man how to get Tech recruiting news. ;)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
V
Cute how this is a front page story for the AJC while I still can't figure out how to find any of our recruiting news even when looking directly on the GT(sic) page.

{I know, I know, beating a dead horse and all that ... just let me vent for a sec.}
Vent away. That way I don't have to. I swear it seems like AJC plans this stuff.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Vent away. That way I don't have to. I swear it seems like AJC plans this stuff.

Yeah, I've been to a Walmart so I understand how many more dawg fans there are than GT fans and that they need to cater to these people. However, that doesn't necessitate the AJC having to go out of their way to crap on GT.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Having your car broken into does suck. Typically get damage plus theft. Back when I lived in Albany for a bit me and the wife came home to Atlanta to see our families for Xmas. Went to see a movie with my family on Xmas eve and had my jeep broken into. Every single gift we brought up for our families, wrapped and all, was stolen out of the car. Theater video showed a fat cow bust out my drivers glass before cleaning me out. That's another example of a woman I wouldn't hesitate to punch in the face if I had the chance.

Hotel parking lots in metro Atl get absolutely plundered overnight. Never leave any item of value in the car when parked in a hotel parking lot. It's a good rule always but most especially then.