AJC: Georgia Tech’s coach Josh Pastner on Mother’s Day

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
He knows how to get positive media attention, unlike some of the other GT coaches.

The GTAA has had a terrible attitude toward the media, and much of it is justified. However, the GTAA's response of "taking their marbles and going home" and being critical of the media has been the wrong approach. I'm a huge Homer Rice fan, but that attitude was very prevalent back during his regime, and has continued.

Maybe Pastner will teach other folks at the AA how to deal with the media in positive ways.

He knows how to get positive media attention, unlike some of the other GT coaches.

The GTAA has had a terrible attitude toward the media, and much of it is justified. However, the GTAA's response of "taking their marbles and going home" and being critical of the media has been the wrong approach. I'm a huge Homer Rice fan, but that attitude was very prevalent back during his regime, and has continued.

Maybe Pastner will teach other folks at the AA how to deal with the media in positive ways.
Johnson has that reputation you speak of, but if the person doing the interviewing, or the media people asking questions, are even semi-intelligent, he gives a damn good interview. The one I don't understand is Danny Hall. Has he ever given any kind of interview? I note their were Mothers' Day videos by both CJP and CPJ, but nothing by Hall. I would think he would realize he needs all the good PR he can get, because he's sure not getting it by his coaching.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Johnson has that reputation you speak of, but if the person doing the interviewing, or the media people asking questions, are even semi-intelligent, he gives a damn good interview. The one I don't understand is Danny Hall. Has he ever given any kind of interview? I note their were Mothers' Day videos by both CJP and CPJ, but nothing by Hall. I would think he would realize he needs all the good PR he can get, because he's sure not getting it by his coaching.
I have heard Hall interviews over the years but there were various podcasts or radio programs on Tech sports before. I recall one was called Buzztalk. Anyway, Rod Mackenzie, for example, would interview Hall for that show regularly. I lost track of if any such radio or podcasts on Tech still exist.

northgajacket

Banned

Maybe if the local media was more balanced, the GTAA would not have that approach. The media here is nothing more than a propaganda piece for uga.