AJC: Collins ‘wasn’t concerned one bit’ about losing Jahmyr Gibbs

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He’s got a different style than we’re accustomed to. We’ll adapt in time. It’s completely changed from don’t commit unless you’re committed which is the way a bunch of us were raised and so were our children.
I think it’s more that “commit” has its own definition in the world of recruiting that doesn’t necessarily line up with its definition in any other context. It seems to me that in recruiting, being “committed” to a school means that, as of that moment, the recruit plans to sign with that school.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I think it’s more that “commit” has its own definition in the world of recruiting that doesn’t necessarily line up with its definition in any other context. It seems to me that in recruiting, being “committed” to a school means that, as of that moment, the recruit plans to sign with that school.
I have no real way of knowing but I took it to mean he really wasn’t concerned about Gibbs jumping ship, that he was completely confident the commitment was a commitment.

Maybe this old guy just doesn’t understand the lingo? My word’s my word. And if I caught my son or daughter giving their word and not honoring it I’d kick their butt. They wouldn’t forget it.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
True but a sad reality. People used to take pride in the honor of their word and a handshake. Those times are gone.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The way I read it was, “we are glad to have him, but I wasn’t concerned because we have a lot to sell and he’s not going to be the make or break players for our team going forward. There will be more guys like this we recruit and we will win some and lose some.”

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
The way I read it was, “we are glad to have him, but I wasn’t concerned because we have a lot to sell and he’s not going to be the make or break players for our team going forward. There will be more guys like this we recruit and we will win some and lose some.”

This exactly