Adelson: Georgia Tech eager to prove 2015 was an aberration

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN: Georgia Tech eager to prove 2015 was an aberration
“We should be a lot better on offense,” Johnson said. “We’re still going to be young, but they’ve all played. There’s going to be some good competition -- and the offensive line, we’ve got to replace some people but quite honestly we couldn’t play much worse up there, so I’m excited about that. Defensively we’ve got to replace the secondary and that’s going to be the biggest question mark I think, the corners. We feel like we’ve got some guys but we’ll see when we play.”

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
For me, the complete collapse of the offensive line will go down as one of the bigger mysteries over the last 30 years.
Not too mysterious in my book. We lost the best Olineman in CPJs tenure at the most critical position along the line. On top of that, Burden was going through some serious stuff off the field with his dad's illness. Before the season, we lost the starting RT to a freak accident on a pickup basketball court.

Couple that with all new skill position players and you get what we got. They say a good OL makes a good runningback look great. Well, the opposite is also true and also true in reverse: great backs can make an average OL look great, but clueless backs make an OL that's already shaky look horrid. And the way our O is so interdependent and interconnected, when you have clueless noobs at all the skill positions, all hell breaks loose.