ACC Revenue

GTFLETCH

Banned
The Atlantic Coast Conference (“the ACC”) distributions include all revenues collected on behalf of the membership. This includes television rights fees, bowl game distributions, tournament and championship profits, and net NCAA distributions. The revenues are reduced by the conference’s operating expenses then distributed evenly among its 15 members.

The ACC distributions to Georgia Tech:
FY 2019: 28 Million
FY 2018: 28 Million
FY 2017: 27.4 Million
FY 2016: 22.8 Million

Link
http://www.fin-services.gatech.edu/...ges/gtaa_final_financial_statements_2018_.pdf

https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-athletics-annual-report/

Projected FY 2020: 31.8M (the bump includes an estimated $1 million in new revenue from the ACC Network, a conservative forecast).

Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...eased-revenues-future/9U39mJ6svTyiFt1FCVzryL/

During a 55-minute interview with The Times-Dispatch from his Greensboro, North Carolina, home, ACC Commish John Swofford said: The conference’s monetary distributions to member schools for fiscal 2019-20 will be about 5% less than projected. (due to the coronavirus pandemic.)

New Projected FY 2020 less 5% of 31.8M: 30.3M

Link
https://www.roanoke.com/z-no-digita...cle_66d544a6-a997-5433-923a-8dc6aba5fcfc.html

This is great news as the ACC network was not up for a full year with all carraiage agreements, and we are still without Comcast (21M) so the ACC will continue to grow.

I think this shows a few things

1. SEC/BIG is a two team race
2. Once comcast is in the deal there will be a nice bump
2. ACC is going to be third with the question being how close will they get to the SEC/BIG

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if there's any word on if/when the Comcast deal will be done?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if there's any word on if/when the Comcast deal will be done?

I don't think there is any public information, so nobody knows for sure. I am doubtful that they will reach an agreement anytime soon because:

• The subscriber losses that Comcast would have for not carrying the ACCN would have already happened either in the 2019 football season or the 19-20 basketball season. At this point, they would lose some subscribers if they have to raise rates to pay for the ACCN, so from a financial standpoint it is probably more expensive to sign an agreement than to not sign an agreement.
  • Many times television contracts are written in such a way that the rates decrease if another TV provider signs for a lower price. If ESPN signed Comcast to a lower price to insulate them from losing subscribers, it is possible that they would receive less income from the ACCN overall. Even though Comcast would be paying in to the network, the decrease in subscription rates for all of the other providers could be more than what Comcast is paying in.
I don't know any details, so this is just speculation, but it is quite possible that both companies would lose money if they signed a deal. It is more likely as @GTFLETCH said that they will include the ACCN in the next large carriage negotiation.

I don't think there is any public information, so nobody knows for sure. I am doubtful that they will reach an agreement anytime soon because:

• The subscriber losses that Comcast would have for not carrying the ACCN would have already happened either in the 2019 football season or the 19-20 basketball season. At this point, they would lose some subscribers if they have to raise rates to pay for the ACCN, so from a financial standpoint it is probably more expensive to sign an agreement than to not sign an agreement.
  • Many times television contracts are written in such a way that the rates decrease if another TV provider signs for a lower price. If ESPN signed Comcast to a lower price to insulate them from losing subscribers, it is possible that they would receive less income from the ACCN overall. Even though Comcast would be paying in to the network, the decrease in subscription rates for all of the other providers could be more than what Comcast is paying in.
I don't know any details, so this is just speculation, but it is quite possible that both companies would lose money if they signed a deal. It is more likely as @GTFLETCH said that they will include the ACCN in the next large carriage negotiation.
I have a choice between Comcast and WOW in Augusta. I chose WOW, so I hope if and when Comcast signs on, WOW will too. And I think that will be the case.

slugboy

Staff member

When Comcast didn’t sign on for basketball season, that seemed to me like a sign that they weren’t eager to come to a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk