ACC Free Throws

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
This morning on Packer & Durham they put up a graphic of free throw differentials for all ACC teams. I believe it was only for league games.

Of course GT had the worst differential at -53. Surprisingly the best differential was Syracuse at 50.

We foul too much.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
This morning on Packer & Durham they put up a graphic of free throw differentials for all ACC teams. I believe it was only for league games.

Of course GT had the worst differential at -53. Surprisingly the best differential was Syracuse at 50.

We foul too much.
We're significantly more aggressive on defense than most other schools.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Makes sense to me:

When our big catches the ball from 3 feet he (doesn’t matter who is out there) doesn’t go to the rim hard and force fouls. We go soft and allow other teams to not foul us.

When we play small ball (which we do too often) we have a bunch of players defending out of position. When our wing defends their big we pick up cheap fouls.

And except for Mike and Usher we don’t drive to the hoop enough. When mike does he doesn’t get the calls.

So I’m not surprised that the data matches what I see.

The foul discrepancy is a symptom of bad basketball: We need a big who can dunk, we need a big who can stay on the floor and we generally need to go at the rim more aggressively. Maybe Mike starts getting calls if those other things happen?

/