a tip on watching blocked out games on espn.go

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thanks. I tried but my Surface wouldn't let me install. And by then it was the second half.

Another way is to log in using a friend's service from an area which isn't blacked out.

ESPN was quick to post highlights of plays within a minute or two in video clips.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I tried but my Surface wouldn't let me install. And by then it was the second half.

Another way is to log in using a friend's service from an area which isn't blacked out.

ESPN was quick to post highlights of plays within a minute or two in video clips.

that is good to know. maybe they have changed things up? i hope not!

Yella-Britches

Georgia Tech Fan
You can get a VPN account - I picked up boxpn for around $4 per month (annual pay) and connected to a server in NYC (could have used Chicago, Dallas, LA...) so my IP address was not from the blacked out area. Worked just fine.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
You can get a VPN account - I picked up boxpn for around $4 per month (annual pay) and connected to a server in NYC (could have used Chicago, Dallas, LA...) so my IP address was not from the blacked out area. Worked just fine.
I did the same but was prompted for my cable provider info and had to log in to my cable account which is mapped to a blacked out area so still didn't work. How did you not have to log in?

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
1. Learn how to use the inspector in Chrome
2. Google "vipbox"
3. Select game you want to see
4. Use the inspector to delete the ads blocking the video
5. Enjoy!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer

I wanted to try this method but I cannot figure out how to get the login to actually populate. The issue is that my brother has comcast xfinity and so do I. Whenever I select xfinity then it automatically redirects me and reads my region and internet access to determine if I can use espn3. I cannot seem to select comcast and get the actual login info to try my brothers signin. Annoying, especially as this is likely just evidence of my inability to master technology.

However, looks like the Hotspot Shield route is going to work.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I was going to say thanks for the helpful advice. Until I saw the shirts GT's staff are wearing on the sideline. RUSSLE sank to a new, unfathomable awfulness.

I'll just follow gamecast for the rest of this game. Thanks for nothing ;) [note: sarcasm does not apply to RUSSLE, the least talented company in the U.S.]

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I was going to say thanks for the helpful advice. Until I saw the shirts GT's staff are wearing on the sideline. RUSSLE sank to a new, unfathomable awfulness.

I'll just follow gamecast for the rest of this game. Thanks for nothing ;) [note: sarcasm does not apply to RUSSLE, the least talented company in the U.S.]
The shirts are specifically designed for Heroes Day. Last year they wore green camouflage.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
The shirts are specifically designed for Heroes Day. Last year they wore green camouflage.

In that case, I withdraw the comment & will reserve my criticism for a more appropriate time (like next year's offseason thread). Good win today.