A question for any NBA fans here...

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
So so YouTube video pasted below that tries to explain why Nikola Jokic is a different type of basketball player. I think of him as a slower paced, more rural acting, easier going, taller, heavier Larry Bird. They look like distant cousins who learned to shoot and pass the ball extremely well.

Why Americans Don’t Understand Nikola Jokic

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
So so YouTube video pasted below that tries to explain why Nikola Jokic is a different type of basketball player. I think of him as a slower paced, more rural acting, easier going, taller, heavier Larry Bird. They look like distant cousins who learned to shoot and pass the ball extremely well.

Why Americans Don’t Understand Nikola Jokic
Maybe that explains why the Hawks traded his rights for an undersized egomaniac point guard? That will go down as one of the all time dumb NBA trades!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Ooh ohh paging @AUFC ! Somebody else put a foot in their mouth!
Darkwing Duck Tease GIF

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Maybe that explains why the Hawks traded his rights for an undersized egomaniac point guard? That will go down as one of the all time dumb NBA trades!

Eh, if you think that other guy's not an egomaniac, not sure you've been paying attention.

This conversation was about Jokic tho who was never a hawk asset.

Oh sure, you let him slide? :cautious:

slugboy

Staff member
I believe you are mistaking him for luka doncic
Also, they traded Doncic for Trae Young AND Cam Reddish.

I did not like the trade, but Young is a great PG. Reddish was a bust for the Hawks, though. If the second draft pick had been solid, the Hawks could have “won” the trade.

But, it wasn’t

ME22

Georgia Tech Fan

I did not like the trade, but Young is a great PG. Reddish was a bust for the Hawks, though. If the second draft pick had been solid, the Hawks could have “won” the trade.

But, it wasn’t
Exactly

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow

But, it wasn’t
For conversation's sake, what determines a "winner" and a "loser" of this trade? Some people have blasted the Hawks for this trade and I can understand some of it, but what has Doncic done in the NBA that immediately pushes him past Trae? Neither has won a ring, both teams are still trying to figure out how to build around their star, both have only made it to their respective Conference Finals, and both are household names. ESPN hyped up Doncic more than Trae and that's why people know his name better, but neither team has done more than the other in regards to this trade. Does Doncic have a more well-rounded game? Sure, but he still can't play a lick of defense and neither can Trae. IDK, I don't think it's as bad a trade as people make it out to be, but missing on the extra first rounder the Hawks got soured up the deal.