A few more observations

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have become quite a run stopping team as the year has played out. Clem, UGA, FSU, and MSU pretty much had to give up on trying to run the ball. Only FSU had the pass game to win anyway. Which is amazing considering we do not have a dominant d-line. We got the game winning pick against UGS partially because Stubbs was ineffective. MSU could dink down the field but when they got close to the goal line and everything was tighter, they had a hard time getting points.

It is hard to believe we could have such a run game without anything close to an all world back, unless you want to count Justin.

We really need to find that go-to receiver next year. There was a long stretch in the first half when Miss State was shutting down all phases of our running game. But we stayed alive because Justin could hit Waller. Besides, Justin throws too pretty a pass not to take full advantage.

It seemed to me what really made the B back play start to bust open was when we ran it over tackle instead of straight up the middle. My guess is it had something to do with the where their DTs were lining up. Whatever made it work, it changed everything in the second half.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm just glad CPJ can make such great in game adjustments. Not gonna lie, when they started shutting us down in the second quarter the pessimist starting coming out in me especially after the hail Mary........ this is a special, no quit team here and I love being a jacket

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm just glad CPJ can make such great in game adjustments. Not gonna lie, when they started shutting us down in the second quarter the pessimist starting coming out in me

Yeah, I felt that too. But as a very wise poster wrote in another thread, it appears that some past GT losses were due to CPJ and CTR waiting too long to make adjustments. They didn't last night. When MSU adjusted, GT responded in kind.

https://gtswarm.com/threads/br-orange-bowl-predictions.5514/#post-112749